Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in using this forum to learn how to maintain my nissan versa. I have questions such as...

"how do you change the rear differential oil?"

"how do you change transfer case oil?"

"how do you remove rust from under carriage?"

Just some rather complex things for a new guy wanting to learn how to maintain his car.

I'd appreciate the directions to what thread I should post my questions and look forward to hearing back from you if you take the time to answer my posts.

Thanks!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. :thumb2:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
1) versa is FWD so no rear differential
2) no clue
3) if you've already got rust on the undercarriage you've got issues. Scrape/sand it off and then use some primer to cover up the bare metal so it doesn't rust again.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I am interested in using this forum to learn how to maintain my nissan versa. I have questions such as...

"how do you change the rear differential oil?"

"how do you change transfer case oil?"

"how do you remove rust from under carriage?"

Thanks!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. :thumb2:
1st-as was said above versa is front wheel drive so it doesn't have a rear dif
2nd-transfer cases are for 4-wheel/awd not 2-wheel frive so it don't have this ether
3rd- sand paper/chisel depending on how bad and some good undercoating paint

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you guys rotate your own tires? I have rust through the holes of my hubcaps and a few spots under the hood.l Could you recommend a product that dissolves rust? I heard good things about 3M Undercoating, so if you could throw an opinion on that too that be great.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.