Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Nissan Versa 1.6 base manual transmission which refuse to start one morning. I figured it was the battery and replaced it, but after I did the car still would not start. None of the lights would even come on, headlights dash lights dome lights but the red security light on the dash keep flashing no matter what. After reinstalling the battery a second time the radio came on even when the he was out of the ignition. I did some Googling and found there were three bolts to tighten which must have had a screw loose to the ground which cause the radio to stay on which could have drain the battery in the first place. After tightening that I reconnected the battery but could not Resync the key. I tried several times leaving the battery terminal off for several hours, but nothing worked. I noticed once that if I touched the battery terminal to the post a couple of times I could get the dome light to come on like it's supposed to. I tried to resync the key but it just goes back to the security state. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a 2010 Nissan Versa 1.6 base manual transmission which refuse to start one morning. I figured it was the battery and replaced it, but after I did the car still would not start. None of the lights would even come on, headlights dash lights dome lights but the red security light on the dash keep flashing no matter what. After reinstalling the battery a second time the radio came on even when the he was out of the ignition. I did some Googling and found there were three bolts to tighten which must have had a screw loose to the ground which cause the radio to stay on which could have drain the battery in the first place. After tightening that I reconnected the battery but could not Resync the key. I tried several times leaving the battery terminal off for several hours, but nothing worked. I noticed once that if I touched the battery terminal to the post a couple of times I could get the dome light to come on like it's supposed to. I tried to resync the key but it just goes back to the security state. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Per the Nissan manual:

The security indicator light blinks whenever the ignition switch is placed in the OFF, LOCK or ACC position. This function indicates the NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System is operational.

If the NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System is malfunctioning, the light will remain on while the ignition switch is placed in the ON position.

If the light still remains on and/or the engine will not start, see a NISSAN dealer for NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System service as soon as possible. Please bring all registered keys that you have when visiting your NISSAN dealer for service.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
First inspect the main fuse. Usually called the fusible link. This is usually a large fuse and is bolted in and not the regular push pull type fuse. It will be located in the engine bay. If that is ok then try the following:

close hood, trunk and all doors
insert an original key into the driver side lock
rotate key all the way to lock
rotate key all the way to unlock
get in and try to start the vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts