Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was looking around and talking to people and so on so forth and i ended up stumbling across the Impul japanese site for versa (tiida)

http://www.impul.co.jp/

Now i have allready made arrangements to pickup a front and rear impul bumper as well as some kind of tie rod brace, (idk thats how it was discribed to me, im headed up to PA to pick it up/see it on sunday first thing) A set of custom redone Bride seats (black leather w/ red stitching) will help out along with a momo stearing wheel/peddals/shift knob. So all in all my V is coming along rather quickly. Ill also get the last of the Alipne Sound system in on the 16th and should have my Fujita CAI and DC strut bar in on wednesday.

Anyways tho my question was about the IMPUL EXTRA POWER KIT. Anyone have any thoughts on that and what the blazes does it do? its over 2.8 thousand dollars give or take with shipping but i have no idea on what kind of performance i could expect. Anyone??

Thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
thats there turbo kit isnt it the one they use for the other engine you do have the 1.8 right i think the impul stuff is for the 1.6

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Impul Charger kit for the 1.8 will go into production in the 3rd or 4th business quarter. I am in constant contact with Impul....NICO doesnt know what they are missing!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
it says for engine MR18DE, thats the 1.8l used in the versa now and has been used in most Versas not in Japan, since 2005. But production would be an issue. If Mighty versa is on top of it im more than willing to trust him. You have any further news on it tho bro? Like whats in the kit? the picture is rather vague since it only has 2 parts.

Also note, the 3rd Fiscal quarter just started :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
it says for engine MR18DE, thats the 1.8l used in the versa now and has been used in most not in Japan, since 2005. But production would be an issue. If Mighty versa is on top of it im more than willing to trust him. You have any further news on it tho bro? Like whats in the kit? the picture is rather vague since it only has 2 parts.

Also note, the 3rd Fiscal quarter just started :p
This is their reply to these parts for our MR18DE:

Dear Mr. Bennett,

The IMPUL HI-POWER CONTROL UNIT, IMPUL COMPRESSOR KIT CR-02, POWER THROTTLE VALVE IN THE EXTRA POWER KIT, are not yet available for North American vehicles, please check our website periodically for new product updates.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your interest in IMPUL performance parts

And another reply to when it should be in the process:

Dear Mr. Bennett,

After reviewing the engineering schedule for the next quarter, I did not see it listed, so most likely looking at the third quarter of this year before it will be started, I won’t have an ETA until then.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your interest in IMPUL performance parts

So I will get back to them to see the progress.

·
Registered
69 Posts
3rd quarter for Japan is the same as Canada, October 1st - December 31st, so lets wait until the beginning of 2010 for an Impul Compressor Kit, Hi Power Control Unit and Power Throttle Valve.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
the supercharger kit says gain up to 35hp for -

298 000 Japanese yen = 2 960.034 U.S. dollars

WOW!

thats a terrible deal

http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/turbo-vs-supercharger.html

Review this page and you wont want a Turbo anymore!!
Turbos are much more efficient on 4 cylinders, hands down. Daily driving a supercharger is going to rob you of your power unless under boost. Some new superchargers(Centrifugal) have like a a/c compressor clutch on them which might be better for smaller displacement motors such as ours.

Daily driving with a turbo takes no power to make power. Its all FREE power. Yes theres some cons like turbo lag but do you plan on running some 600whp+ turbo on your versa? a T25 or T28 has basically no lag what so ever. You could be full boost by 3000 rpms. Then you start getting into ball bearing turbos which have even less lag.

All i can say is when i put even a t25 turbo on my SE-R i gained about 100whp. I was about 150whp-ish N/A and now 246whp. Wheel horse power not flywheel/crank power. I would roughly be making 284hp at the crank right now in a low 2 thousand pound car. It moves real quick. On a motor rated for 140hp factory.

i could go on all day lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
and your exactly right :) that said within the next month i plan to get my V on the dyno to get some figures for you guys. Waiting on the OBX header to come in as well but by then ill have OBX header, Fujita CAI, Pulsar Spark Plugs, and a custom 2.5in cat back exhaust. Its not a lot but its a solid start considering i need that output for the turbo when it goes in. Sadly that will take me some time. Few other asthetic parts i want to get on the car like the IMPUL bodykit, sparco seats/wheel/peddals and so on so forth.

Im also interested in puting in a computer or something to manage the car a bit better but not sure where to go. Ive seen em out there for plenty of other cars and its a low cost pugrade that gives you better mpg and responsiveness and so on so forth.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
and your exactly right :) that said within the next month i plan to get my V on the dyno to get some figures for you guys. Waiting on the OBX header to come in as well but by then ill have OBX header, Fujita CAI, Pulsar Spark Plugs, and a custom 2.5in cat back exhaust. Its not a lot but its a solid start considering i need that output for the turbo when it goes in. Sadly that will take me some time. Few other asthetic parts i want to get on the car like the IMPUL bodykit, sparco seats/wheel/peddals and so on so forth.

Im also interested in puting in a computer or something to manage the car a bit better but not sure where to go. Ive seen em out there for plenty of other cars and its a low cost pugrade that gives you better mpg and responsiveness and so on so forth.
What turbo do you plan on running? I hope nothing bigger than a T28.

Id be so satisfied with just a T25 @7psi, 2.25 inch intercooler piping, and a front mount, and 2.5inch exhaust. It would real torque'y down low. You would have to run a blow through maf setup, with a greddy or hks bov :D

Super AFC or engine management, im not sure if the MR has top or side feed injectors? Anyway something equal to some 370cc injectors would be just fine.

That would be a basic setup that would be good for around 180whp ish (200hp crank) I'd say. 80hp over stock.

You could peice that whole setup together for real cheap. A lot less than that IMPUL turdchager thats only good for 35hp and the IMPUL setup cost almost 3 grand, without shipping. Just sad.

The most cost effictive thing would be the turbo manifold. It would need to be custom seeing theres no manifolds in production at this moment.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
if i were you i would do a bit of weight shaving... carbon hatch and hood... removal of back seats if you dont need them, also remove spare and jack... its just a start... i have the OBX header with resonator delete and stillen axelback, with fujita cold air... and i will be the first person to tell you that this combo is way better than stock especially in the upper RPM's... have fun!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do not hold your breathe on the Pulstar Plugs. I was the first on NICO to try them and they have the wrong thread and size for the MR18DE. I contacted them about it and got my money back. They said wait until later this year sometime until they have a new plug out, but otherwise, STEER CLEAR and take my word or you will be disappointed!!

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
if i were you i would do a bit of weight shaving... carbon hatch and hood... removal of back seats if you dont need them, also remove spare and jack... its just a start... i have the OBX header with resonator delete and stillen axelback, with fujita cold air... and i will be the first person to tell you that this combo is way better than stock especially in the upper RPM's... have fun!
The hood/hatch is about what? $1400? For about 35lbs? 40lbs tops? Not worth it at all.

I wouldnt remove my spare, what if you got a flat tire? You're pretty screwed.

Just my .02

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
actualy yea im stayin clear of the plugs. Bob from Versaspeed talked some sense into me. The turbo is still a go, just waiting untill after i move to Kansas to start it and no i wont be pushing more than 8 psi mostly because i want the car to remain an every day driver. Depending on who i have to get to make the manifold/header to work with the turbo and how much it costs i may have them cut a few extra to sell but we shall see. (unless we get a bolt on setup of some kind going idk)

I also agree with 2dr there, my luck would be i remove my spare and 2 seconds later get a flat. Plus unless your really gutting the car it wouldent be worth it. Like the rear and passenger seats, all interior plastic and panneling and so on so forth.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Although the process of gutting out a vehicle will make it lightweight, but if thats what I was into, I would have bought a cheap car rather than new to gut, gutting a new car (for me) is not an option. I have a kid and he sits in his car seat, and I go on family trips, so we need everything to stay put, spare tire, jack, and POUNDS of tools like (Power inverter, electric impact gun, impact socket set, 250pc socket set, jumper cables, and other items that have to do with kids...lol).

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
1400? oh thats the non socal price... lol... ok you bring up a good point but what i was just thinking incase maybe you guys hit the track, i really need to practice what i preach and ditch my sub and amp... but hey its whatever guys... good luck on the turbo, i wish i had the time and the money to start a project like this, i have the resources just no money to do it.... so good luck and keep us posted...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
na im not tryin to bash ya superskunk!!!! and as i said, turbo wont start for a good 3 months or so. Ive bought the intercooler, the BoV, and the wastegate but the turbo itself, and the people i will need to fabricate the header/manifold and tune the computer plus the pipe and the rest of the small stuff will take time.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

i took my V to the dyno, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejZxIBYDZ7E i plan on another dyno in the next couple weeks with the header. it will be cool to see your numbers. and maybe you'll have better weather than i did over 100+ that day... it was horrible. hopefully uprev will put out some software for the versa within in a couple weeks. can't wait to see what you do to the V though :)

hey skunk, ill buy my stuff back from you if your down :) i miss having my sub and amp. :p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
and your exactly right :) that said within the next month i plan to get my V on the dyno to get some figures for you guys. Waiting on the OBX header to come in as well but by then ill have OBX header, Fujita CAI, Pulsar Spark Plugs, and a custom 2.5in cat back exhaust.

are you gonna have the 2.5" exhaust Mandrel or Crush bent? just curious...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.