Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: How often do YOU guys change the filter inside? I believe my V is about 10 months old so I just wanted to know for future references :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where is the cabin filter located at? I know my car has a part of the wiper cowl that can be removed, but there's nothing in there. Is it located behind the glove box, like I've seen in other cars?

Edit: I'm at a little over 46k, and I dunno if it's ever been changed. I bought the car with about 30k miles on it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ Yeah same for both I bought mine with 34K and no idea if ever was changed, (probably not since they didn't really care for the car much and its at 36.7K right now), and I also don't know exactly where it's located....

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
search nvf for cabin filter. at least a couple threads:) i change mine once a year...um i'm overdue lol

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
^ Yeah same for both I bought mine with 34K and no idea if ever was changed, (probably not since they didn't really care for the car much and its at 36.7K right now), and I also don't know exactly where it's located....
It's on the passenger side, almost behind the centre console. I remove my glove box to have better access to it. Takes a few minutes to change the filter. Very easy thing to do.

Here's a good video:

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
They always have to bury them. I miss the older cars that had them under the wiper cowl, and took a minute to change. Anyway, thanks, iluvmyVersa08!
No problem!

It is actually really easy to change. Should only take a few minutes!

I'm just glad ours is where it is. The one for the Sentra has to be accessed behind the driver's pedals and it took me forever to squeeze the filter behind the pedal. It was such an awkward spot to work in!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have an 09 sedan s and was told by Nissan mine doesn't have a in cabin filter and they have never changed it do you think I have one cause if I do it needs changing can I see it without taking the car apart?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I have an 09 sedan s and was told by Nissan mine doesn't have a in cabin filter and they have never changed it do you think I have one cause if I do it needs changing can I see it without taking the car apart?
Easiest way to check is to remove the glove box. It only takes a couple of minutes.

Do only certain trim levels come w/ the in cabin filter?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
IDk that's what I'm trying to figure out, I thought it had it but Nissan have been saying it doesn't and I have heard of other S's having them so I guess I will pull the glove box out and see.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks iluv.. I should have searched the site around but I got lazy lol

I'll probably check it out and see if its nasty or not.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I looked at my new car widow decal and it sez the car came with one... looks like I will be pulling it apart and giving nissan a little visit thanks iluv and Reichard for the help.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I looked at that video that iluv posted and he said there's a glovebox light... I think mine's burnt out, anyone also know where to get a replacement? Bc when I got the car, I assumed my glove box didn't have a light..

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Hemifan87: Yours should have one. Mine is a 09 S sedan and it has one. The easiest way to check, without taking the glovebox out, is to open the glovebox and, on the door, there should be a sticker saying that the car is 'Equipped with an in cabin microfilter.'

Also, I tried to change the filter in mine today, but I couldn't get the filter out. Is there anything special to get the filter out? It seemed like mine didn't have enough space to lift up all the way to get the filter out.

And, is the filter available at any parts stores, or do I have to get it directly from Nissan?

·
Registered
315 Posts
So I looked at that video that iluv posted and he said there's a glovebox light... I think mine's burnt out, anyone also know where to get a replacement? Bc when I got the car, I assumed my glove box didn't have a light..
Yours is a 2011 right? Mine has no light too (2010 SL). I think Nissan stopped installing the glovebox light starting 2009 up.. maybe to curb production cost.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.