Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the base S model so I don't have keyless entry, and its become quite the hassle being as that there is only one door lock on the entire car. As such, I am looking to put one on ASAP.

I have mostly been looking through the list of offerings at Sonicelectronix.com, because they are located close to me and I have a good track record with them. Want to spend less than 100$ on the system, the install I will do myself. I want something simple, prob only a one way system is fine.

My real question is though, has anyone purchased and installed an alarm system that has been able to make the fob control opening the rear hatch and capable of rolling the windows up and down?

If so, which make and model did you use of alarm and what was the approx. price?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too would like to add remote keyless entry to my base S model HB. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have never tried to do this on any car so I am not even sure how hard it is to attempt. I believe it shouldn’t be too difficult, and am very handy / technical.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you have the base model and it does not have power locks you will have to install power locks first.....

The headache from messing with a wiring nightmare like that is not something I would touch with a 10 foot pole. A accidental short could fry and expensive board or take hours to diag if hooked up wrong.

I wish you luck....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too would like to add remote keyless entry to my base S model HB. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have never tried to do this on any car so I am not even sure how hard it is to attempt. I believe it shouldn’t be too difficult, and am very handy / technical.
My 2012 Versa HB 6 speed has electric locks, windows and the spoiler. That is about it, no cruse control, blue tooth, navigation or any of those bells and whistles... An automatic door locking system would be cool and shouldn't be too hard to install in my case. :)

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
There are youtube videos, I just get nervous thinking about it. I actually did purchase a remote lock/unlock system recently. The amount of wiring involved is a bit overwhelming to me so it's just sitting around collecting dust at the moment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need some advice…
I want to add remote key entry to my 2012 Versa w/ electric locks.
I did some searching around and found that my Versa has the receiver / controller module behind the glove box on the left hand side. The numbers are CWTWC1U241. This appears to be different from older models. “I can’t remember those numbers off hand”. Also, when looking for a key fob online everything seems to be for the older model FCC number thru 2011. I have tried to follow the directions to get into the program mode by inserting the key 6-7 times and my flashers never blink. (NOTE: I do not have a key fob to program yet, as I don’t want to buy the wrong one if I can’t program the thing).
Now for the questions…
1. Why can’t I get into keyless program mode? “get my flashers to blink”
2. Is the program some how locked out by the Manufacture / Dealer on the 2012 models?
3. Is there a different procedure to get into keyless program mode on the 2012 models?
4. Do I need to wait until someone comes out with a different remote to match the new number module?
Sorry for all of the questions but the more crap I read online the more confused I get…
Thanks,
Matt…

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 versa with power locks, but no keyless entry.

I bought some remotes off amazon, but couldn't get the car into programming mode.
I then assumed the BCM didn't have that feature.

So I bought a Viper 211 and just installed with success, but all I wanted was keyless entry. I didn't try to install any other features.

I took the glove box out and found the BCM, I left everything connected because I didn't want to interfere with any of the existing security measures.

I connected the green and black wire of the viper to the grey wire on the white 15 pin connector of the BCM with a splicing connector I got at home depot. That's the lock.

Then I connected the Blue/black wire on the viper to the blue wire on the white 15 pin connector in the same fashion. That's the unlock.

I found these were the correct wires by using a voltage probe hoping to see some activity on the led's when activating the lock. But the probe grounded the wires and they would lock or unlock depending on which one I probed.

Then I tapped into the large yellow wire on another connector on the BCM for constant power with the red wire on the viper.

I grounded the main black on the viper along with the Blue\black on the viper and it works.

There is no progressive lock in this set up, because I didn't want it. I wanted to be able to unlock all the doors with one press of the unlock button, and lock the them all with the lock button. Also the dome light works consistent with the locks, I didn't expect that to happen but it did.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 versa with power locks, but no keyless entry.

I bought some remotes off amazon, but couldn't get the car into programming mode.
I then assumed the BCM didn't have that feature.

So I bought a Viper 211 and just installed with success, but all I wanted was keyless entry. I didn't try to install any other features.

I took the glove box out and found the BCM, I left everything connected because I didn't want to interfere with any of the existing security measures.

I connected the green and black wire of the viper to the grey wire on the white 15 pin connector of the BCM with a splicing connector I got at home depot. That's the lock.

Then I connected the Blue/black wire on the viper to the blue wire on the white 15 pin connector in the same fashion. That's the unlock.

I found these were the correct wires by using a voltage probe hoping to see some activity on the led's when activating the lock. But the probe grounded the wires and they would lock or unlock depending on which one I probed.

Then I tapped into the large yellow wire on another connector on the BCM for constant power with the red wire on the viper.

I grounded the main black on the viper along with the Blue\black on the viper and it works.

There is no progressive lock in this set up, because I didn't want it. I wanted to be able to unlock all the doors with one press of the unlock button, and lock the them all with the lock button. Also the dome light works consistent with the locks, I didn't expect that to happen but it did.

Hope this helps.
Hi Jed, it's actually the Violet/Black wire that has to be grounded along with the Black wire on the Viper harness. After doing this the doors lock/unlock.

Thanks for mentioning this; saved me 200 bucks (aftermarket shop quoted $250 to do this, the 211hv was only $50 w/free shipping).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts