Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my local dealer. And I asked them what it would cost to make the switch. I have a 2020 Versa S with the old school headlights. To make the switch I would upgrade the wiring harness under the hood. As well as buying the LED headlights. And labor. The cost ? At least $4,000. Most likely more. Wow. I guess I won't be doing that anytime soon. LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Instead of replacing the entire headlight housing unit you wouldn't consider just trying to switch to LED "bulbs"? I haven't done this in my Versa yet but I did on my motorcycle (Honda ST1300). Twas a very noticeable upgrade and the bulbs put out effective lighting.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I called my local dealer. And I asked them what it would cost to make the switch. I have a 2020 Versa S with the old school headlights. To make the switch I would upgrade the wiring harness under the hood. As well as buying the LED headlights. And labor. The cost ? At least $4,000. Most likely more. Wow. I guess I won't be doing that anytime soon. LOL
I replaced the headlamps in my 17 Versa Note with LED bulbs. Huge improvement. You must be careful to get the style that the LEDs mimic the incandescent beam pattern!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do yourself a favor, now lets stay focused here...IT'S A VERSA! I know you love the car, we all do but unless your an automotive electrical hobbyist...leave well enough alone...that's what it was designed with, leave it alone! If you have money burning a hole in your pocket then upgrade the Rims, upgrade the interior, lay down a million coats of Covid19 proof clearcoat...but I don't mess with Lighting, it can get more complicated than you think.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Upgrading is a great idea but $ 4K is insane (Thats how dealers are). anyways there are some stuffs you gadda understand when you plan to upgrade to LED.

You can just change the Bulb to LED but the Housing reflector won't work same as for Halogen / Whatever the bulb is there now. If you want exact light quality you gadda retrofit you Headlight set itself, Like adding Projector lens (This will give you a nice & controlled beam) if you just change the LED bulb with existing Reflector the result will be so much glare (Beams will be spreaded all over the place, it will cause irritation to on coming traffic, in that case you have the lower the focus to very low to ground and again it won't be enough you to see the road bit further.)

If you are ready to do some work. Just buy the Projector lens and retrofit it & add the LED thn you'll have a controlled & nice LED BEAM.

I have a TIIDA 2012. I changed all the bulbs to LED except Blinker (Due to technical reason. it will blink faster as I didn't add a driver for tht)

• Headlight, I just added the LED without Projector, As I'm okay with the very low beam, Coz I live in Concrete Forest ^_^
  • Parking light, reverse light, brake light, Cabin light & Also I added a 2 in 1 DRL which comes with blinker. All are LED.

In my view LED gives a rich & Nice look to the Car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts