Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all thanks for taking the time to read. I wanna start off by saying I know nothing. Nobody has ever taught me about cars, I don’t have any relatives or family friends to turn to and I’m very inexperienced. I bought a used ‘08 a while back and I’ve noticed it burns oil up. I put slick 50 in it at my last oil change and I was planning on putting Restore in on my next one. I took a trip to the next state over a few days ago and the car ran fine there and back. Recently I was driving and I got up to about 45 mph and the engine felt like it started shaking/missing. The service engine light came on and I immediately brought it home. I don’t know much but I think it may be a fouled plug. Coincidentally, she just hit 200k miles haha. I know I can take it to a mechanic but I don’t make that much money, and I figured here would be a good place to start. Sorry for not providing much information. I don’t really know what is important

·
Registered
516 Posts
Is the check engine light on? If it is go to Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, or some other parts store that will read the codes for free and get them to read the codes. Don't let them talk you into buying parts until you have a better idea of what the problem is. Often the people at parts stores will recommend buying such and such part and it's not the correct part for your problem. After all they are there to sell parts and often without doing a proper diagnosis there's no way to tell what part you need. If you can get the codes and post them here someone can possibly give you some ideas of what the problem may be. You could be right about the plugs. If they've never been changed or been lots of miles or several years since they were last changed they probably need it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
get the codes at AutoZone or similar shops, and then get back here so we can give an idea of what's happening :)

if you can pinpoint the issue it will probably be easier to fix.

also, I like papa john's :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.