Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, unfortunately kinda cheaped-out on buying the wheel-mounted model.....:facepalm: but I could have sworn I saw one that's essentially a lever that mounts on the underside of the steering column.

Anyone attempt installation of this type?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately kinda cheaped-out on buying the wheel-mounted model.....:facepalm: but I could have sworn I saw one that's essentially a lever that mounts on the underside of the steering column.

Anyone attempt installation of this type?
I highly doubt anyone would do such a complex job. So many factors involved to install this, it ain't worth it.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I highly doubt anyone would do such a complex job. So many factors involved to install this, it ain't worth it.
i agree. it used to be a straightforward job with carbs and cables. probably not anymore, idk

·
Registered
81 Posts
install cruise control

I think it's possible if you're going to mount it to a steering wheel. It will be a lot easier if you're also going to get a cruise control lever

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I heard somewhere in here that the new Vs might already come pre-wired for cruise control as well as fog lights. Not sure if it's true but mine is the S with power package and it comes with cruise control but it also has the pre-wiring for fogs, so there might be some true facts to it. In other words, try to find out if yours comes pre-wire. You might just need to buy the control and not worry about wiring.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
My dealership has a company that installs cruise controls etc. come to the dealership. If i remember correctly it was about $450.00. Not sure though. They install it in a day. It's not factory and it doesn't use the factory controls on the steering wheel. It mounts under the wheel on the steering column. Off to the right? It's an after market lever like someone showed before in this thread.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It really isn't a difficult job, since the Versa is drive by wire. Mediocre wiring diagram reading skills are really all thats needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone installed OEM cruise control using the steering wheel controls? I want to go with OEM if possible, I just need to know what parts are needed. I have a 2012 hatchback with power locks and windows. Dealer did not have any on lot with cruise.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I would like to, I am looking into if I can get the module/steering wheel controls from Nissan or even from a wreckers.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Should of just bought a Versa S with power package man, save yourself the trouble of going through all the work.
That package doesnt exist anymore. LOL The 2011 hatch is standard with the power package, except cruise and keyless. Cruise and keyless are now a package for I think $250 for 2012. The 10 and 11 power package incuded everything. The power package for 07-09 didnt include cruise. That was a decent package for the price, I remember, cause I got it. I bought the 09 S sedan, and payed extra for power package, cruise control, and ABS. Nissan made ABS standard for 2010 and up, and cruise was part of the power package.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts