Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Do some research, and start investigating your car. See if connections are there.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Maybe its different in Canada, but the power package didn't include cruise control here... the only way to get cruise was to get the SL.

Alisahomsombath... it is absolutely possible to add cruise to your car. A dealer could do it,but you could probably do it too, its not very difficult. The versa is drive by wire, so in the most basic terms, you just add a module in between the gas pedal and where the wires from there go. Part of it is plug-and-play, and then there are something like 6 or 8 wire connections you have to make. Its really pretty simple.

·
Registered
502 Posts
sorry i'm so late to hop on this thread. i have an 09 hb without the power package, and i installed cruise control by myself. took roughly 3 hours, a decent amount of back pain and angry thoughts, but overall not very difficult and it works like a dream. i averaged about 31mpg highway, and my dad was able to get an all time high of 36mpg (100% highway driving from kentucky to new jersey) with the cruise set. its on a stalk that sticks out of the steering column, not the oem buttons.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Lil Blue Versa,

Where did you get the cruise system at that you installed? I noticed a link earlier in the thread to Rostra. I went to that link and the only Versa listing was a V without ABS. My V has ABS but no cruise, so that source apparently won't work for me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I kept looking through other websites and found another place that had the cruise control that would appear to be ok with or without ABS. I don't recall the website URL but it was someplace out of Missouri.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I bought the oem cruise control that goes onto the steering wheel a few months ago off of ebay. Unless I am wrong I think it will be a fairly easy process. I know my car is pre wired, and I need to buy a few things. I know I will need the fuse to put in the fuse box under the hood, and then (i can't remember the name, but) the box that you would use to connnect all the wires together with. I hope that would be all.
Once I have completed it and it does work I will make sure to do a write up, and maybe even do a how to video.
Also I will make a list of all parts bought and cost.

*Peace* :blue flower:

·
Registered
6 Posts
For what it is worth...

I installed the Rostra Cruise control in my 2012 Nissan Versa, 1.6L, 5-speed manual. The install was straight forward and took me a couple of hours.

The Rostra Cruise control kits work with or without ABS and it works on all Versas. I called Rostra to verify.

I also purchased the wireless cruise control switches that mount to the steering wheel.

The best price I could find on the products was from Brandon Distributing.

'07-'11 Nissan Versa
Universal RF Switch - Brandon Distributing, Inc.

Joe

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
For what it is worth...
I installed the Rostra Cruise control in my 2012 Nissan Versa, 1.6L, 5-speed manual. The install was straight forward and took me a couple of hours.
The Rostra Cruise control kits work with or without ABS and it works on all Versas. I called Rostra to verify.
I also purchased the wireless cruise control switches that mount to the steering wheel. The best price I could find on the products was from Brandon Distributing.

'07-'11 Nissan Versa
Universal RF Switch - Brandon Distributing, Inc.

Joe
iirc, you can't get cruise with stick on the new style Versas, at least not here!
Awesome post! Tell us how you like it!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well, I finally installed the OEM cruise control. Sadly it does not work (i figured it wouldn't). Does anyone know what all the parts are that go into making the OEM cruise work? Or a place I could be referenced to?

Thank you,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know you need the switch on steering wheel, brake pedal switch, and from what I can tell an ECM programed for cruise. If the ECM is not programed for cruise and you give it the signal it won't know what to do with the signal. The ECM may be able to be reflashed with the needed programing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I know you need the switch on steering wheel, brake pedal switch, and from what I can tell an ECM programed for cruise. If the ECM is not programed for cruise and you give it the signal it won't know what to do with the signal. The ECM may be able to be reflashed with the needed programing.
Thank you! I was reading the repair manual and noticed the brake pedal switch, and the ECM. It will take time for me to get everything together but eventually it will be done. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a After Market Installer put in a cruise control on a 2011 Nissan Versa. The part runs on VSS which means it senses only car speed. If the car slows down for any reason, the cruise control disengages. This is a safety function which is used when the brakes are applied. However, Nisan Versa also slow down for a fraction of a second during gear change. The cruise control senses this, thinks the brakes are being applied and disengages. Has anyone witnessed this? Its an automatic.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I too had the Rostra Cruise Control installed in my S Sedan 1.8 2008. I had it professionally installed and works great, exactly like the factory cruise.

You and increase speeds by 1mph or lessen by the same, etc. etc.

For those who have installed aftermarket themselves and it does not work, might be better off to take it to a pro shop to look at.

Here's a pic of my setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Kenneth. That is the same that was installed on my Versa. I did use a pro shop to install it. Maybe the transmission isn't working correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I priced a dealer install at ocala Nissan at approximately $1800 for the factory cruise. Now, I have have noticed where you could get the factory kit or version online. I do not recall the website though. If you have a base model you will need a new ECM or a used ECM from a salvage yard that has the cruise control programmed already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need to get a cruise control as well for my 2012 Nissan Versa S automatic, not sure if I can get an OEM cruise control for Nissan 2012 versa and also OEM Bluetooth?

21 - 40 of 82 Posts