Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I feel like I am missing something very obvious, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to attach the front license plate (which is required in my state) to the front of my new 2020 Nissan Versa sedan. The car comes with a license plate bracket with 2 holes on the outside which connect the bracket to the car and 2 smaller holes on the inside which line up with holes on the license plate. (see picture below).

However, I don't see any way to attach the license plate to those 2 smaller holes. There are no holes in the front of the car behind those 2 smaller holes. There are no screws, clips, or anything that go with those 2 smaller holes.

The directions in the manual say " To mount the front license plate, attach the license plate bracket to the bumper fascia at the location marks (small dimples) using the 2 provided screws."

However, those directions don't tell you at all how to mount the front license plate - they just tell you how to attach the license plate bracket.

If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Are you saying Nissan got so cheap they expect you to go out and buy your own hardware to fasten the license plate to the car? I never heard of that not being included on a car before.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I never heard of that not being included on a car before.
I never heard about it as well. From what I know, dealers use a license plate mounting kit, which includes the license plate bracket and all hardware/screws to mount it to a bumper, and to mount a license plate to that bracket.

Check in your glove box and car doors side pockets. If it is not there, check if it taped behind the license plate bracket (it happens). If nothing else, call your dealer you bought the car from.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My dealer sent my plates via Fedex. Inside the package were the screws to mount the plates to the brackets. OP might want to contact his/her dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer sent my plates via Fedex. Inside the package were the screws to mount the plates to the brackets. OP might want to contact his/her dealer.
I think that is the problem. I bought the car in a state that doesn't require a front license but the state I live in requires one. I guess I will stop by a local dealer and ask them for the screws.

To be honest, I don't know why Nissan makes this so difficult. Every other car I owned (including Nissan's) you just screwed the license plate right into the bumper. They have probably doing that for 100 years since Henry Ford invented his first car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was cleaning out the trunk in my '16 today and ran across the front plate bracket. Taped on the back of it was a bag of hardware that came with it but, there was no screws/bolts & nuts for the tag. If it were me I'd either get some short screws that are larger than the diameter of the holes in bracket or get some short bolts with locking nuts to use. $ .50 will probably buy everything you need at the local hardware store.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can help you with the thing related to installing those. If you need some additional information just write me a private message and I will try to make you understand everything you need. Just promise me that the thing is not about those private and expensive car plates. I hate them and the whole idea of paying for something as useless. I have some friends who have bought plates from new private reg plates and it’s something. I haven’t seen them so happy yet so dumb in my life. Yeah, it’s beautiful in its own way but it’s useless. Not worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts