Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever installed an extra 12V outlet in the dash under the radio and above the shifter??

what's under that cover around the bottom of the radio???

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Which/what cover? I have installed a second one unseen. I bought an entire center console from a wrecked SL versa for $30 and installed the armrest, and took the power outlet out of it, and wired it underneath my center console to my existing power outlet. The one that is unseen powers my radar, and gps. When car starts, they start. So now my original power outlet is free, but its being used as my seat messager/heater for winter, lol. No problems works great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, should have said that.......the flat underside of the dash directly below the climate control section. thought that would be a good spot.....hidden, and close to the cup holders, so I could set deives in the holders.

versas, you're sayin you put yours near the shifter in the center console???? It appears you can pop those covers off under the Ebrake......hhmmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Oh yeah dude. That whole thing just comes off by pulling up on it and pop it loose. The arm rest from the SL is in by like 2 screws, after you pop the pieces off. I had to remove the whole thing when I did the SL armrest, and the factory accent lighting kit. If you have any more questions, or need a how too, or anything else. Don't be afraid to respond back here, or email me at [email protected]. I can help you with alot, and im sure others on here could too. Its very easy to do. I have the original one by the shifter, but ran some wiring from the original power outlet, and ran the wire behind the plastic trim piece next to the gas pedal. Connected the wiring to my spare power outlet, wired it up, plugged in a power outlet splitter to connect my gps and radar, and its all behind the dashboard, and under the center console, so no wires are visible, and the best part is they come on every-time the engine is started, and the original power outlet is now free, so I can plug something else to it. A clean look. I hope all this makes sense. Please email me, if you still have trouble. My name is Brian.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i gotchya brian, thanks for the response!!!

one thing I don't like about the 12V though is that it is switched......Is there any EASY (yeah right LOL!) access to a continous on power source close by that area, or would it have to re ran to the fuse panel??

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That I really don't know about. But I know you have a constant 12v going to the radio, and ignition. But i wouldn't mess with the ignition wires. Maybe some one could help me out with this one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah, i gotchya brian, thanks for the response!!!

one thing I don't like about the 12V though is that it is switched......Is there any EASY (yeah right LOL!) access to a continous on power source close by that area, or would it have to re ran to the fuse panel??
You would have to run a decitaed power wire for ign off key out power to an accessory plug. Not enough room to really mount a 12v outlet in the flat panel below the climate controls due to the fact the climate controls do not give you enough room in that area to mount anything beside a couple of leds for cup holder illumination.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts