Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was wondering what location is good for an amp in the trunk? I dont want it mounted on the sub box as that is a patently bad idea as I'm sure most of you know.

I'm replacing hesdunit, all 4 speakers, adding subs and an amp. 4 ga 100% copper oxygen free. All rocksford speakers and subs. Kenwood amp, Jvc HU.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined bro, Did you ever find a location ? If it helps, without knowing the particulars you usually do not want the amp in the trunk. You can try the seat back or if it must go in the trunk try to have it exposed to ventilation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I replaced the sound system soon after I bought my car. I got an Infinity compact subwoofer and put it under the driver's seat. My other 4 regular speakers are also replaced with Infinity ones. I replaced the radio with a Kenwood digital system. This system is primo, in my opinion. The subwoofer is more than sufficient (I buy a system to hear the music, not to BE heard :^). I spent a total of 600 bucks and installed it myself. What my car sounds like inside is really important to me and I even replaced my noisy stock tires that only had 5k miles.

Edit: the subwoofer I got is Infinity BassLink SM 8" powered under seat enclosure. Plenty strong. I hear all the music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Oregon2018Versa
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing