Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, MY wife's 2008 Versa has stopped running the instrument panel. If the headlights are off the instrument panel works just fine, once I turn on headlights the panel goes black, I've messed with the dimmer switch IT IS NOT SCROLLED TO OFF. I submit that it could be a bad switch I sure as heck don't know how to test it. I've looked for the proper fuse diagram to label the instrument panel and also found nothing. SO if you think you can solve the issue that the WHOLE internet apparently has NEVER seen before please....hook a brother up!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just a thought, but could it be possible that the led backlight that is used when the headlights are turned on, maybe burned out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Note-ified
that is a great thought but unless there are 2 different sets of backlights that are used for the instrument panel (IP) I'm looking for another answer. The IP lights up when the headlights are off, then when the head lights are on the signal indicator and high beam lights also work (when the IP doesn't).
I appreciate your input but the quest continues

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Note-ified
I appreciate your help but I don't think thats the issue. I say this because when the headlights are not switch on the Instrument Panel (IP) will light up fully, but as soon as I switch selector levor to headlights the IP goes out. However the High Beam and signal indicators still work ... also new development is that the radio won't light up as well. So its a total lights out situation...
what would cause that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never taken one of these newer cars apart but I rewired a classic car once that had an extra wire running through the headlight switch to power the instrument cluster. If I were a betting man, i would say these cars do to and this wire may not be connected the way it should be on the terminal on the switch has gone out. Other than that grounds and such are where I would look.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Im in for a bad switch or relay. LED's aren't in the habit of burning out. The problem is the relay is a dealer-only service, as it's part of the IPDM ( I think).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts