Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
342 Posts
I dont think anything will ever be available. Just buy a short ram intake, universal and get an exhaust shop to do custom exhaust. The car has little to no potential with that engine, I just dont see aftermarket companies embracing it

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope they make something it is a really popular new model so it's not like you won't have a ton of people wanting is with so many kids getting it..the intake is just in a new spot so the fit will be off with the old ones

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
wish I could find out about the racing HR16DE that has 160hp :D. I've read about it online.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya probably not, it would be too close to the sentra. From what the rumors are is that there is going to be a turbo version of the hatchback though which would open up so many doors for more aftermarket parts for the versas. I know japan will get it (of course) so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. :eatpopcorn:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
They're probably gonna do the base version with the hr16 and then the mr16ddt for the high-end model. Still, we're only talking like 175 hp out of that engine, but if the cars light enough and more fun to drive it could be a decent car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don't think so...

They're probably gonna do the base version with the hr16 and then the mr16ddt for the high-end model. Still, we're only talking like 175 hp out of that engine, but if the cars light enough and more fun to drive it could be a decent car.
I am doubtful of that much HP. The Versa is "lesser" than the Sentra. So, I believe, before they even give that much power or modification to the Versa (which isn't supposed to be a performance car by any means (initially debuted for its economical size, room, etc) )they will give it to the Sentra.

It'd be interesting though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cool. Is the new hatch going to be 1.6 as well?
If it follows the path of the Tiida it will be 1.8 with a GTS trim that is a 1.6 Turbo. A question I'd like to ask all car manufacturers though is although a Turbo is fairly cheap per performance gain they always go down in engine size to get the turbo so you don't get that big of a boost in power between the trims. I've noticed most companies follow this path for any turbo trim offered on a low-mid range vehicle. I suppose the smaller engine means they spend less and since you pay the premium price for a turbo it probably costs them less but you fork over 2-4k more for that turbo. :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
If it follows the path of the Tiida it will be 1.8 with a GTS trim that is a 1.6 Turbo. A question I'd like to ask all car manufacturers though is although a Turbo is fairly cheap per performance gain they always go down in engine size to get the turbo so you don't get that big of a boost in power between the trims. I've noticed most companies follow this path for any turbo trim offered on a low-mid range vehicle. I suppose the smaller engine means they spend less and since you pay the premium price for a turbo it probably costs them less but you fork over 2-4k more for that turbo. :(
This is exactly what they do... :'\

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.