Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

The biggest difference is the brake lights are bright LED. Other differences are there are also no reflectors on the side of the JDM units. The reverse light and turn signal are switched. The reverse light is on bottom and turn signal is on top. The only thing you need to do is get a T10 wedge bulb, but some units come with this bulb already. Also they are made in Japan instead of Mexico.

It is direct plug-n-play. You will need the JDM wiring harness but the tail lights I can get will come with the harness. No re-wiring or splicing or anything. Just remove your USDM tails and harness and plug in the JDM ones and you're good to go. You can use your old bulbs.

This is what they look like:

More pics and details are here:

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/general-versa-discussion/21354-jdm-tail-light-install-comparison-versa-note.html

So let me know if you're interested. I plan to sell them for about $250.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Have you been able to verifyvif they'll fit in a north american note? When people tried getting the jdm tail lights for the first gen they were having fitment issues with the different bumpers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you been able to verifyvif they'll fit in a north american note? When people tried getting the jdm tail lights for the first gen they were having fitment issues with the different bumpers.

They fit no problem. I have them on my Versa Note.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More interested in a pair of jdm headlights and im also in sf
I can get the headlights too but just to let you know you will blind oncoming traffic. From their perspective it will look like your high beams are on. Japanese headlights slant up and to the left to illuminate sidewalks in Japan (they drive on the left side). Also you may need to rewire your headlights since they're not plug-n-play like the tails.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can get the headlights too but just to let you know you will blind oncoming traffic. From their perspective it will look like your high beams are on. Japanese headlights slant up and to the left to illuminate sidewalks in Japan (they drive on the left side). Also you may need to rewire your headlights since they're not plug-n-play like the tails.
If you could get a pair, lets say projector headlights with dark chrome housing, how much approximately will those be?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Honestly the tail lights on the North American Notes is very good. Even have amber for turn signals(a European thing)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Honestly the tail lights on the North American Notes is very good. Even have amber for turn signals(a European thing)

All notes have amber turn signals. JDM, too. In Japan ALL cars must have amber turn signals. Imported cars with red have to be converted to pass inspection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you could get a pair, lets say projector headlights with dark chrome housing, how much approximately will those be?
They're not cheap, even in Japan. It would probably cost about $800 or more. But yeah, I can get just about anything from Japan. Not just Note parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts