Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd wondered about the problems associated with direct injection and what effect it would have on the Versa in the coming years. Today I started doing a little research and found out the HR16DE has two injectors per cylinder and is both port and direct injection so we should have the best of both worlds. Thought there might be others here who have wondered about this so thought I'd post it for everyone's benefit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nissan_engines

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually the Versa HR16DE engine doesn't use direct injection. I uses one injector behind each intake valve, of which there are eight.

·
Registered
208 Posts
2016 Versa, I don't think your info is correct. Like said, the HR16DE is not direct injected. The only DI engine that I am aware of in Nissan's lineup for the US is the VQ35DD used in 2017+ Pathfinder, Murano and Maxima and I believe the V8 in the Titan.

I own a 2019 Pathfinder with this engine. I wish it was both port and direct injected but it is only DI.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm new to Nissan and not going to argue the issue. I didn't notice there were two "D" designations one for DOHC and the other for DI so everyone else is probably correct. I'm glad the engines are PI if they don't have both PI and DI. Maybe it'll keep the valves clean and be one less thing to worry about as the car ages.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm new to Nissan and not going to argue the issue. I didn't notice there were two "D" designations one for DOHC and the other for DI so everyone else is probably correct. I'm glad the engines are PI if they don't have both PI and DI. Maybe it'll keep the valves clean and be one less thing to worry about as the car ages.
For sure port injection is the simpler and more desirable method for gasoline IMO. I didn't know our 2019 Pathfinder had DI until after I got it and discovered the high pressure cam driven pump up top in the engine bay covered in a thick foam rubber sound insulator. Loud little things. There's still a standard fuel pump/sending unit in the tank that feeds the high pressure pump. Too many parts!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts