Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Im a newbie here being that I am a proud new owner of a 2014 Morning Sky Blue Nissan Versa Note SL with Tech Package. Picked it up yesterday.

I decided to add a few fun accessories, one being the Interior Accent Lighting.

Last night when I took the car for the first "night drive" I noticed that the Interior accent lighting turned on along with all the other standard interior lighting. When I shut the door to start the car the Accent lighting turned off as did the regular lights. I am able to turn on the standard lights while driving at any time but the special LED accent lights will not turn on unless the door to the vehicle is open.

I find it hard to believe that a feature costing $157 would work this way. What's the point? Especially since the listing on the Nissan website states "put some disco into your DRIVE" and there is a video promo showing two people sitting in the front seat of the car , the driver with hands on the steering wheel turning it at one point.

Has anyone else had this problem with the interior accent lighting? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Safe Travels!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hello All!

Im a newbie here being that I am a proud new owner of a 2014 Morning Sky Blue Nissan Versa Note SL with Tech Package. Picked it up yesterday.

I decided to add a few fun accessories, one being the Interior Accent Lighting.

Last night when I took the car for the first "night drive" I noticed that the Interior accent lighting turned on along with all the other standard interior lighting. When I shut the door to start the car the Accent lighting turned off as did the regular lights. I am able to turn on the standard lights while driving at any time but the special LED accent lights will not turn on unless the door to the vehicle is open.

I find it hard to believe that a feature costing $157 would work this way. What's the point? Especially since the listing on the Nissan website states "put some disco into your DRIVE" and there is a video promo showing two people sitting in the front seat of the car , the driver with hands on the steering wheel turning it at one point.

Has anyone else had this problem with the interior accent lighting? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Safe Travels!
Makes no sense to me, and I checked the Nissan web page and it says exactly what you describe. You might want to take it back to the dealer and see if they can give you a further explanation. They talk about a "single knob" so maybe the is a way to keep them on when driving. Good luck!!

Below is a quote from the Nissan webpage:

Interior Accent Lighting

LED lights with 20 pre-programmed color options light up the front footwells.
Easily control light color and on/off function with a single knob
Works with the vehicle's interior lighting when the door is opened.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This was a feature I wanted sooooooo badly after driving the cube when my versa was in the shop. Unless it changed, their is a knob that controls the accent lights. In the cube its near the cup holders in the center. The knob turns the lights on and changes the color as well. And also nissan did this feature way better than any DIY job I have seen, by using single LEDs around the car the look is a lot better but more complicated. Plus after doing research, it would be somewhat extensive and difficult finding parts and installing something else to copy that official look and feel.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Makes no sense to me, and I checked the Nissan web page and it says exactly what you describe. You might want to take it back to the dealer and see if they can give you a further explanation. They talk about a "single knob" so maybe the is a way to keep them on when driving. Good luck!!

Below is a quote from the Nissan webpage:

Interior Accent Lighting

LED lights with 20 pre-programmed color options light up the front footwells.
Easily control light color and on/off function with a single knob
Works with the vehicle's interior lighting when the door is opened.
There's your answer

·
Registered
408 Posts
Not sure if this is the same lights, but it looks like they are. The ebay version says the same thing, but this definitely is the one that was in the cube loaner car I drove for a week and that knob above the cup holders turned those lights on and off for me.

Nissan Versa Interior Accent Lighting
The effect looks like it. You can add most anything aftermarket. Just get a separate switch and hook it up to a fuse that get's constant power when the car is either running or in ACC mode.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the accent lighting with the interior illumination package (same thing really just comes with lighted kick plates too) and they run while I'm driving. Try pushing the knob to see if they come on. If not then something is wired wrong.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I wired my interior LED accent lights into the interior/exterior lighting system, but through a circuit that is powered when parking or full nighttime lights on the stalk are switched on, no separate switch but you could if you wanted. It's cleaner not having a switch and just having them come on with the lights, which is generally the only time you are going to want your accent lights on. Conveniently, the glove box light wiring is powered when the exterior lights are switched on. So i just spliced my positive wires into the stock positive glove box light wire, and used the dash metal framework for my grounds. Works flawless, is easy, uses the OEM system so no confusion down the road, and is easily reversed to stock. Glovebox removal is just a bunch of screws, take the glovebox light connector out with aid of a flathead screwdriver, wire in your lights, with some extra slack in the wire to account for the glovebox being there.

I am using LED's however, which draw a very small amount of current compared to incandescents, and seeing as the entire circuit is fused for 10A, i would worry if you were wiring in extra incandescents, might overload the interior/exterior lights circuit.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Me personally, i'm all about simple. No unecessary complicating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts