Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

When I turn my heat/ac on, nothing blows out of the vents. When I turn on the a/c, the compressor kicks on, but still, nothing coming out of the vents.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm sure it's a fuse or a wire, but I can't for the life of me find the passenger side fuse box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
welcome to the forum. I dont know of one on the pass side i know there is one under the dash on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'm sorry for the lack of introduction. I absolutely love my Versa and haven't had one problem out of it in the 3 years I've had it.

I've checked the fuse box under the hood and none of the fuse seem to be related to the vents in the car or the fan that controls them.

Everything else electrical is working fine...hmmm. The manual says there is another fuse box on the passenger side...but I haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I never seen one there just the one under the left side dash

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
There's one on the drivers side, and there actually is a fuse in there for blower. That may be it. Check the fuse box located on the drivers side. As far as the passenger side, I haven't seen a fuse box. Now behind the glove box is the BCM ( body control module), That's just like the brain for all the electronics in the car, and that has nothing but wires in it, no fuses there. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
374 Posts
yeah right above the gas and hood buttons or what ever theres fuses. there are two blue relays one on both sides. the left is for blower(a/c) the other is electrical like ur radio. but i would say try swaping the electrical one to the blower one cause there the same size and see if it works and if so you know you need to get a new relay

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah right above the gas and hood buttons or what ever theres fuses. there are two blue relays one on both sides. the left is for blower(a/c) the other is electrical like ur radio. but i would say try swaping the electrical one to the blower one cause there the same size and see if it works and if so you know you need to get a new relay
Blower relay is only used for speed 4 other 3 speeds run through the resistor unit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
blower motor resistor block is actually in the air ducting near the blower motor. When i get a chance i will post pics of the fuse and relay locations that are in all versas. and the blower motor resistor block.

You can actually replace it by not doing step 3 if you are flexible enough

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Here is the color pick little fuzzy from using a point and shoot.
I think try macro setting on point and shoot.
idk, haven't tried it yet. Should sharpen image.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi first time here!
I think the resistor is exatly my problem... the blower does work but only on speed 4. the other speeds don't work. i'll check the fuse to make sure, but I guess I'll have to go buy a resistor!
thanks

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
the blower does work but only on speed 4. the other speeds don't work. i'll check the fuse to make sure
had same symptoms on sentra, was the blower resistor, was very easy swap:thumb2: welcome!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hi first time here!
I think the resistor is exatly my problem... the blower does work but only on speed 4. the other speeds don't work. i'll check the fuse to make sure, but I guess I'll have to go buy a resistor!
thanks
If you only have hi then its pretty much a sure thing that its the resistor.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts