Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided this week to do some painting to spruce up the interior and give it a nice kick :p

So i decided to share some pics of what i've done. enjoy!

First I thought i'd paint these clips that surround the door handels

Painted the ring around the shift knob

Then I decided to paint the door panels that control the windows
This is before installation.

After installation

Removal of vents, cluster lids and other panels

Installation shots

Shot of it all finished from the back

And thats about it folks :)
Btw if you are looking to do something similar I def. recommend reading the interior panel assembly in the service manual ;)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you guys should def. do pink lol.. would give the v a different look thats for sure!

and Ashely i'd think you'd end up having to get it like mixed for you or something, unless you can find pink spray paint somewhere online seeing as i dont think you'll find it anywhere else lol

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
354 Posts
VERY cool looking, you did a great job and you're right...that does make the interior much better looking.

Phenomenal job! :D

Btw, how did you remove the gauge cluster/front passenger piece and did you sand it down first?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
VERY cool looking, you did a great job and you're right...that does make the interior much better looking.

Phenomenal job! :D

Btw, how did you remove the gauge cluster/front passenger piece and did you sand it down first?

let me tell you, that cluster lid was a pain in the ass imo to remove lol but thats seeing as im not very good with cars (surprised i did the interior myself! haha).

I just checked out the service manual which showed me how to remove it. and yes i did sand it down first.
have fun taking it out and putting it back in tho guys lol :p

If you guys pm me your emails I will send you the interior panel assembly portion from the service manual that helped me pop out the cluster lid.

·
Registered
354 Posts
let me tell you, that cluster lid was a pain in the ass imo to remove lol but thats seeing as im not very good with cars (surprised i did the interior myself! haha).

I just checked out the service manual which showed me how to remove it. and yes i did sand it down first.
have fun taking it out and putting it back in tho guys lol :p

If you guys pm me your emails I will send you the interior panel assembly portion from the service manual that helped me pop out the cluster lid.
Nice! I know what you mean, I removed the door panels to upholster the cloth portion and that was very difficult without breaking it haha

I guess I'd have a little bit of experience with that though because I helped my boyfriend and his friend remove all of the interior pieces in his Scion xB and painted them all as well. It's very similar to the Versa, thing is...I'm just too lazy to go through the whole process lol

And, I don't want the pink in my car to clash with more pink if I did paint it. Yours looks awesome though! :thumb2::thumb2:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How in the HELL did you get the vents out on each side?

I would like the manual piece so I can see how to remove the cluster if you don't mind.. my email is [email protected]

Thanks!
I know on my '08 it just took a little prying to remove the vents.
And I will send you the manual now.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yah they are clipped in, just have to disengage the clips and out it comes, then there is one screw that holds the gauge/cluster in, but the plastic piece comes right out. but beware it was a pain in my butt to remove and put back in lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.