Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondering if you guys can help me out. It rained yesterday and on my way to work everything turned into black ice. Long story short lost control and slammed into the curb. It hit hard enough the lug nut came off...although I can't seem to find it when I looked so its possible that it was lost before the incident.

Damage
- Bent the left lower control arm really bad (Replaced)
- Alignment went way off (Realigned)
- Had to put the spare on because it rubbed against the fender
- Rim went out of balance and bent (Replaced with new rim)
- Was told the CV joint was okay
- Stabilizer and end links okay

Problem
- When I reach over 100km/h either maintain or accelerating I experience intermittent vibration through the pedals (Don't notice through steering wheel). The vibration is very distinct in a way where you can tell when it will about to happen. It would vibrate and slowly stop, period of smooth driving and then slowly vibrating again. That would go on and off as long as I maintain speed above 100 km/h. This was not persistent before the incident.

Suspicion
- I first thought it might be the front wheel bearing where I initially made the impact.
- Then I read others with similar problem and they think it might be the drive shaft is unbalanced and a new weight needs to be welded on.
- Others say your tires are unbalanced (Really don't think this is the case)
- Could be the suspension.

Wheel Out of Alignment

Overall View of Damage

Lower Control Arm Bent

Lower Control Arm Bent

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
imo shaft balancers. have friend who had them replaced on his mk2 jetta years ago. same symptoms, very strange eh?

·
Registered
613 Posts
oh man that sucks, i hit black ice a few years back and ran off the road and into a small tree that did some damage to my fender and front bumper, damn winter! *shakes fist*

hope you get that vibration thing solved!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So I used the wrong terminology when I said drive shaft and I what I meant was the CV axle. I didn't realize that there are steel balls inside the CV axle which is probably was causing the "intermittent vibration" IMO. Although it doesn't make a clicking sound which are the normal symptoms but that's because the rubber isn't compromised. So leaning towards the CV axle/joint.

Edit: Nissan calls it a front drive shaft...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.