Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never offered her up for inspection before, please be nice.

Tanabe Springs
35% metallic tint front windows
20% metallic tint rear and back windows
17" Katana Racing rims

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
The tint is cool. Be careful if you ever take her to Cali though. She'll get you in trouble.
Nice rims too. How's the ride on the Tanabe's

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ride's rough but whats a little discomfort when you look so good? Lol. Its really not to bad, been compared to a euro ride. More specifically like a Saab. I don't mind unless the wife's in the car. She doesn't like it so it makes me sensitive to it also.

As for the tint, it's illegal here in Ohio too, but I don't hot rod much so no police attention for the time being has left them intact. On an overcast day it is like looking into a mirror... I love it.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Ride's rough but whats a little discomfort when you look so good? Lol. Its really not to bad, been compared to a euro ride. More specifically like a Saab. I don't mind unless the wife's in the car. She doesn't like it so it makes me sensitive to it also.

As for the tint, it's illegal here in Ohio too, but I don't hot rod much so no police attention for the time being has left them intact. On an overcast day it is like looking into a mirror... I love it.
yeah my wife hated the ride so much that i had to buy her a murano... lol... acutally the ride isnt bad at all, i wish it were stiffer... nice pics, next time see if you cant make them bigger...

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Looks awesome! Never been a fan of mirror tints but it works well on your car.

Lowered V's look so good. I want to do it but I can't stand a non OEM ride feel :(

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
215/50/17 with a some rub at full turn and a lil rub at about 1/2 turn for just a split second. Nothing that needs to be addressed, its not bad enough to tear the tires or anything. If you look in the wheel well, in the center there's a little band of plastic that sticks out. I pretty much have worn this flat to even with the rest of the well.I was trying to compensate for rough ride by getting all the sidewall I could. Next time I will probably go with 45 though. Good catch ;)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey Mogh and welcome to the forums!

How's the silver for keeping clean, or I mean, hiding the dirt? My blue one is ashocker for looking dirty the day after she's been washed :p

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I got bored today and painted my rims before I put them back on for the summer. I think they look tons better than before.

The only problem is now they show ALL the dirt. :(

Oh, and I've got plans for the center cap.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Looks awesome! Never been a fan of mirror tints but it works well on your car.

Lowered V's look so good. I want to do it but I can't stand a non OEM ride feel :(
what about the nismo one? Im sure u wont lose much OEM ride..... just a thought.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like it! I have a slightly reflective tint and haven't had an issue. Although, I think the flowers give the cops a hint that I'm usually up to really boring uneventful things and not up to anything criminal. :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
My buddy has been bugging me to do it forever, I never realized the difference it would make. Now I need to just bite the bullet and get new ones. I bought them used and they all have a bit of rash on them somewhere. (Not to mention the tire place ate them up while they were mounting the tires)

I'm looking for some center Nissan caps from some S plastic hubcaps. If anyone has their factory hubcaps laying around or knows where to get 4 of those emblems. Just called the stealership and they sell the whole thing only for 60 bucks.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
It's always nice to replace the crapping center caps with OEM Nissan ones. Makes the aftermarket rims look OEM.

About your reflective tint, that is totally illegal here but looks sick regardless of the laws.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Ride's rough but whats a little discomfort when you look so good? Lol. Its really not to bad, been compared to a euro ride. More specifically like a Saab.
i can tell you from owning a saab....that THANKFULLY its nothing like it!! lol
i hated that stupid swedish piece of crap lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts