Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my girlfriend just got a 2007 Black Versa SL hatch. I'm really happy with her decision to go with Nissan as I am a HUGE Nissan fan. My car is a 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V, and my favorite hobby is modding it. I am currently in the process of getting a turbo kit for it.

What I want to know is if there is any consistent problems with the Versa's that I can take of as preventative maintenance. I'll be doing all the work on this car, so I want to learn everything. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
927 Posts
welcome some preventive maintenance is to keep you rubber seals ie door panel, sunroof on check. one thing you have to keep an eye on is the creeking sound from your dash. but mechanical wise V is pretty awesome :p

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
welcome! V seems pretty solid. Keep up on the oil changes and level and you should be good.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
welcome to the forums, where are you coming from?

the versa is a strong puppy, there are not really any big concerns for maintenance...just watch out for the black molding stuff along the edges of the doors those tend to come loose easily

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome to the forums, where are you coming from?
We are from North Dakota. Thanks for all the responses here. Has anyone made the switch to synthetic oil here? I did on my spec because that car gets driven hard sometimes but I dont know if I should on the Versa, as that won't be beat on. Also any know where I can get the FSM? I couldn't find one on google yet.

·
Registered
247 Posts
We are from North Dakota. Thanks for all the responses here. Has anyone made the switch to synthetic oil here? I did on my spec because that car gets driven hard sometimes but I dont know if I should on the Versa, as that won't be beat on. Also any know where I can get the FSM? I couldn't find one on google yet.
Welcome! Pictures of the Versa and the Spec v please =D

As for oil, Our '08 Versa has synthetic, its been running it since 1k miles.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
synthetic with 7500 mile oil changes for me.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome! I use synthetic oil. I've only had to replace an engine mount which was luckily covered under warranty. I drive around in Baltimore City, Maryland and there are tons of potholes... That's what I blame the issue on!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I use synthetic blend from the dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.