Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve been searching through the threads here and other places and still not coming up with an answer. 2012 Versa 67,000 miles developed a hum starting around 35mph in the front left. Tires are fine and have been rotated. The hum is constant , meaning not once in every revolution. I’m guessing wheel bearing (assembly) ? But want to be sure before I take it apart. Is there a way to test it? Does not seem to be the CV joint as I’ve had those go bad and they usually click and then clunk the worse they get. I also feel a very slight vibration in the steering wheel too. I’ve also shifted in N to see if any sound changed and that was not the case. Thannks for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I jacked the left wheel off the ground, put the ebrake on and when the wheel spins the sound is noticeable from the get go.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Think you have found your problem. They seem to be an issue with Versas . The good news is it's a fairly cheap and easy fix.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Wheel bearings are the same regardless of vehicle. They are the loudest at 45 mph and can get very, very loud as they wear. Bad ones you can feel the grit in them as you rotate the wheel with that wheel jacked off the ground. Ones that just start to make noises you cant feel as its soo suttle.

Some wheel bearings the hardest part is removing the curlclips holding them in, others its the axle nut, finding a socket for the axle nut others are press fit so you need to take it to pepboys to get them to press out the old and in the new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing