Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two things that keeps bugging me.

1. The car is easily rocked by a small firm-ish push.
2. When I use the windshield wipers to its maximum speed, I'm able to feel the car moving back and forth with it.

Is this normal?

2007 Nissan Versa, just under 99K miles.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You don't give year, mileage, model, or any other details. If it seems to rock several times when pushed and has fairly high mileage I would think it might be bad shocks. The cars don't exactly have sports car like suspension in the first place.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2007 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback, just under 99K miles.

Also a note, I think I had the shocks replaced during the recall. I remember the dealer said they had to replace the springs/coils or something in order to replace the struts I believe. Not sure if that is the same thing as shocks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
2007 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback, just under 99K miles.

Also a note, I think I had the shocks replaced during the recall. I remember the dealer said they had to replace the springs/coils or something in order to replace the struts I believe. Not sure if that is the same thing as shocks.
Struts and springs are two different things. Nissan did have a recall to have the front springs replaced due to spring breakage caused by corrosion at no cost but I don't know if your year was included. As far as the work done at the dealership, all you have to do is stop by and ask them to pull up your vehicle and they can give you a rundown on what was done to your car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Struts and springs are two different things. Nissan did have a recall to have the front springs replaced due to spring breakage caused by corrosion at no cost but I don't know if your year was included. As far as the work done at the dealership, all you have to do is stop by and ask them to pull up your vehicle and they can give you a rundown on what was done to your car.
I went in to get the recall done for the springs. They then said that my struts were too rusted and it would break, so they had to replace that after they take it off to get the springs done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts