Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you leave the headlights turned on when the car is off, there is a loud continuous buzz/chime. Why??? The lights go off after 30 seconds automatically, so it isn't to save the battery. Is there a way to disable this sound?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Why would you want to? It's too much trouble just to twist the switch to off???? We've come to that now? Not a car problem, but one of driver...........like so many others. Too much work.

You should know the chime in some models also reminds for seat belts and other things.............and many of the headlights go off immediately BUT the parking lights DO NOT.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Chime? Then again I drive during twilight and use parking vs head lamps, so that may explain it. I also notice they stay on when I am in the car with key off unless it senses the key is in the cylinder. Im sure if you do leave them on and they cycle off it still uses some power from a module or somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would you want to? It's too much trouble just to twist the switch to off???? We've come to that now? Not a car problem, but one of driver...........like so many others. Too much work.

You should know the chime in some models also reminds for seat belts and other things.............and many of the headlights go off immediately BUT the parking lights DO NOT.
So I guess that you also hate keyless entry, and push button start, and auto-down power windows? Those are also a "driver problem" ... lazy drivers that don't want to physically do things themselves (like putting a key into a door lock, or holding down a window button).

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I guess you can follow it and put a piece of tape over the speaker? Some cars play the sound effects through the cars speakers vs a buzzer in the fuse box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess you can follow it and put a piece of tape over the speaker? Some cars play the sound effects through the cars speakers vs a buzzer in the fuse box.
Well, yes, but I definitely do NOT want to disable the "key left in ignition" sound, or the "low gas" sound. Those are important! They likely all come from the same speaker.

I just want the lights to not sound an alert.

I keep the lights on day and night. There have been too many times that a gray car has suddenly appeared out of nowhere in the day because sometimes they somehow blend in with the road, and having the lights on would really make them more visible. My car is gray, I don't want to blend in to the road for other drivers. I leave the lights on, even when I shut off the car so that I don't forget to turn them back on (ALL the lights go off after 30 seconds, including the parking lights, so that is not a concern). I see that there are several other cars these days driving with lights on during the day as well. It's just that annoying alert sound I want to get rid of.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I too experience that with grey cars. I also drove with lights on, a car with DRLs and drove with both off on 2 different vehicles. I discovered with the lights on or DRLs people could more easily see you and PULL OUT in front of your or CUT YOU OFF. Without the lamps on it made it more difficult for them to judge you and less likely to pull out of cut you off. >:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts