Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2007 Versa last Sept. and it recently started giving me problems.

Over the past few weeks it's been hard to start after it's been sitting for a while. It takes a good 5-10 mins of trying to start it before it actually starts now. I always only turn the key for a few seconds at a time so I don't burn out the starter. When the check engine light first came on I took it to a Nissan service center and found it was the cam shaft position censor code coming up and they replaced it ($250+100 to check the code lol should have gone to autozone first) then it started fine for a couple days. Now it's back to the same as before so I took it back and they've told me the timing chain is bad and needs to be replaced which would end up being at least $2000. I'd rather just get a new car than throw that kind of money at it when it's not even a sure fix. I also took it to another mechanic who checked the fuel pump pressure (which was my first though as it sounded to me like it wasn't getting gas) but when they hooked it up to check the fuel pressure it seemed as though it had plenty. I still sort of think this may be the problem. I think it might be bleeding off pressure as it sits for a few hours but both mechanics so far have said it's not the problem. I'm no expert so but I'm unsure of the timing chain explanation.

I've kept good care of it since I've had it, getting regular oil changes and whatnot.

Sometimes starting it'll sound as if it's revving slightly before giving up, other times it just cranks and cranks and nothing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1 - I would try to replace the fuel pressure regulator, even though they tested the fuel pressure and its all fine. It's a cheap part and might help you

2 - Buy an ELM327 and install Torque Pro, check your fuel trims, and mode $6, see if there's anything obvious there

3 - If it's indeed your timing chain, for $2k you better off buying a MR20DE and swapping the entire engine... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts