Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is our 2012 Versa S hatchback wired for Keyless entry? Fog Lights?

We just got a 2012 Versa S hatchback that has power locks and windows, but obviously no remote keyless entry.

Are we wired for it RKE? How difficult would it be to add it?

Does anyone have experience adding fog lights to the S?

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I too have wanted to know a true answer to this question, and to be honest, I never really got one. I don't think we're wired up for keyless entry. ( i have a 2012 versa S as well) The easiest way to do it would be to get an aftermarket one, which I may do one day.

As far as fog lights, the easiest way to do that for me was to go to walmart, find some round foglights for around 15-20 dollars, and use the existing fog light covers. I cut a round hole to fit them, and ran the wires to under my steering wheel where my switch is.
An alternative way is to go on amazon.com or ebay.com and find an entire fog light kit, for around 60 dollars i'm guessing.

Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
226 Posts
If the options are there for the SL trim level, then you do have the parameters for all the same features on lower spec cars.

A good dealership service center should be able to tell you what is required to add that function. generally it's pretty straightforward. They're designed to be easy additions, since it's a basic component of the upper trim level.

fog lights the same way, a new, or second factory light switch, maybe a new relay, and the fog lights and covers. Again the dealer service center should be able to give you the factory parts list.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I got my versa new from the dealership, I asked them the same question before I bought it. They said that it needs to have a body control module (BCM) which apparently we don't have.

As for the fog lights, I bought mine on eBay for around $60. It came with the black plastic housing. All I did was jump it into the marker light that's on top of the headlight so that they are almost always on.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm upping this thread to basically ask the same question:

My Versa is a 2012 HB S, with power package, power locks, windows and prewired for fogs (which I already installed).

So, basically, my question is if it's likely that I only have to add the remote by doing the procedure....
If not, do I have to add the small receiver into the glovebox area? Is it plug and play or do I need to reprogram it after I installed it?

Any ideas? :)

thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ok.
I checked in the glove box compartment and there is the hardware that should enable this feature: little receiver box and the BCM module....car seems ready!

Unfortunately I can't get the hazard sign to flash by doing the insert remove key procedure...I tried at the dealer and they weren't able to do it either.
I'll come back soon, they might need to enable the feature using their CONSULT III tool....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ok, so here I have the solution (hopefully final solution) to anyone looking to add a keyfob to their versas.

First of all, this solution works IF:

1) You checked under your glovebox and you in fact have the keyless receiver (part 28595X, should be the same in all versas) and BCM (you should have this anyway...part number 284B1/2-9EG0A)
2) You can't get the car to go into programming mode, no matter how hard you try...

Your solution is go to the dealership and have them manually change the entry for the Keyless Entry in the BCM, using the CONSULT III tool. This is confirmed and you can check the specs here, at BL-68 and here at BCS-18

Your car initial configuration, BEFORE changing the entry should look like this, first row you can see the KEYLESS ENTRY is set to WITHOUT:

AFTER changing the entry using the CONSULT III tool, your configuration should look like this, first row you can see the KEYLESS ENTRY is set to WITH:

Dealership will likely charge you to hook the car up to the computer (mine was 70ish $) BUT I think it's worth it since your car is already set up to pair with a keyfob, and I would say it's better to use the OEM configuration rather than installing an aftermarket kit from China (where you pay for the kit, you may need assistance and you don't how exactly how reliable it might be).
This is my opinion only, it's up to you but I'd go always go with OEM if the car is already good for it.

After these steps are performed you are good to go and you only need to do the procedure...you know...close doors, lock it from the inside etc etc

I bought a three buttons keyfob from eBay...works like a charm.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Update on this thread:

I've always wondered why the Versa didn't have a trunk button on the keyfob....and just out of curiosity I bought an OEM 4 buttons keyfob on ebay (a bargain).

Guess what? the trunk button works on my 2012 HB S.
It pops open leaving all other doors closed.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Update on this thread:

I've always wondered why the Versa didn't have a trunk button on the keyfob....and just out of curiosity I bought an OEM 4 buttons keyfob on ebay (a bargain).

Guess what? the trunk button works on my 2012 HB S.
It pops open leaving all other doors closed.
Now I have to go to the junkyard and find a sedan fob....or 2! One of the ones I go to has a HUGE box of just fobs.
Awesome discovery!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
let me know if it works too in your 09!

I bought a fob with FCC ID KBRASTU15 (which is compatible with the ID "cwtwb1u", the one listed for our versas), if they are OEM the ID should be engraved on the back of the case.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Went to the junkyard and picked up 3 fobs for $15. Just cleaned and programmed them and they do unlock the hatch without having to unlock the rest of the car!

Reactions: Ecate
1 - 13 of 13 Posts