Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you buy a 2012 Versa used as a rental (Avis? Hertz?) for 40,000 miles, is the powertrain warranty still in effect? It was purchased from a licensed broker this month, January of 2014.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Powertrain warranty was all good with my ex rental Altima when the block cracked. I had to show proof of oil changes, which my mechanic took care of. Then Nissan Canada approved the new engine.Took a bit of time, but was 100%covered.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Powertrain warranty was all good with my ex rental Altima when the block cracked. I had to show proof of oil changes, which my mechanic took care of. Then Nissan Canada approved the new engine.Took a bit of time, but was 100%covered.

I wonder how I can get the oil change records? I changed the oil as soon as I got the car, but I don't have much in the way of records for the first 37,000 miles. I do know that the car rental companies change the oil regularly and keep maintenance records so they can make use of the powertrain warrenty should it be necessary.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I didn't have any mtce records previous to my ownership, and neither Nissan nor dealership asked for any.
I would say you're good to go

·
Registered
877 Posts
I got a letter from Nissan saying the warranty is good.

Yay.
I just had the engine in my 2009 versa sedan replaced by my dealership under warranty. The engine developed a piston slap that is well documented on this forum. The technician that did the diagnosis inquired about the maintenance records. I had purchased the car new, from the same dealer, and noticed the noise when the engine had 5,400 miles on it. I brought it in, and it was diagnosed as a normal injector sound. All my service work was done at the dealership, and all the records of that service were in their computer, including the visit at 5,400 miles. If I were you, I would take your vehicle into the dealership for regular oil changes so there is no question as to whether or not it was done correctly. My dealer here in Jersey charges $24.00 for an oil change which is more than fair. Saving 3-4 bucks on an oil change done by yourself or a quick lube oil place is not cost effective in the long run. Good luck with your vehicle.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Good luck on that car, you'll need it...

·
Registered
88 Posts
If it's the hatch it should be pretty reliable since that was the last year for the old body style. 2012 was the first year for the new sedan model, so there might be gremlins due to the newness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.