Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Versa SV 2018 with 79500 miles was working fine till this morning. When I give race, and the speedometer shows > 50mph, it starts giving jerks. At the same time, I also noticed that the RPM fluctuates between 2-3 (x1000) continuously. Can anyone let me know what the issue is? Is it the starting of transmission issue or something else? Any leads are highly appreciable.

Thank you

Car history: -
I) I purchased it last October from a renowned car dealer when it has 72000 miles on it.
II) Car dealer changed all tires and did regular servicing. The report they provided doesn't include transmission service, changes the serpentine belt, etc.
II) Two times servicing performed (oil change with tire rotation).

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've never experience a bad CVT but your description of fluctuating RPM's and jerking leads me to believe you're experiencing transmission issues. If it has just started it might be worth trying a fluid/filters changed especially if you're capable of doing it yourself. I bought fluid on eBay about a year ago and filters from Rock Auto and was able to do my drain/fill/filters for under $70 just a few months ago. If you go this route measure the amount of fluid drained so you know how much to add back because there's no dipstick to check the fluid. If you try this and it resolves the problem it's probably not a bad idea to do this every 30K miles or so. My '16 had 029993 miles when I gave it it's first fluid/filters change and plan to do it again at around 60K. I read of fluid/filters resolving the problem for some and not for others. These transmissions have 2 filters. One filter is a standard pan filter and the other is a cartridge filter on the side of the transmission for the valve body.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts