Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Felt fine during the test drive. I became extremely uncomfortable after driving for about one hour.

The problem is the overly soft gas pedal. I can never relax my foot on the accelerator . I have to constantly hold my foot back. After a while, I am in actual pain.

My last car was 1992 Ford Festivia. I would go back to the car in a hot second, if I could. The Festiva has a very solid, stiff, feel to the gas pedal, and everything else. I don't know why new car designs want everything soft, mushy, and overly sensitive.

Maybe it's just me.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Welcome to the forums. As for the gas pedal, it takes time to get used to, what I do is rest my foot on the floor and tap the pedals with the end of my shoes.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Felt fine during the test drive. I became extremely uncomfortable after driving for about one hour.

The problem is the overly soft gas pedal. I can never relax my foot on the accelerator . I have to constantly hold my foot back. After a while, I am in actual pain.

My last car was 1992 Ford Festivia. I would go back to the car in a hot second, if I could. The Festiva has a very solid, stiff, feel to the gas pedal, and everything else. I don't know why new car designs want everything soft, mushy, and overly sensitive.

Maybe it's just me.
Welcome to the world of drive by wire throttle...every new car has it fyi so that soft pedal feel is not limited to the note

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts

Maybe it's just me.
They dont build cars like they use too. Get some lowering springs and some seats out of a Versa SL (07-12) I like my seats.

·
Registered
690 Posts
It's called "getting used to it".

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome to the world of drive by wire throttle...every new car has it fyi so that soft pedal feel is not limited to the note
FYI not ALL drive by wire cars are soft like that. Actually none of the other drive by wire cars I've driven have felt as soft as the Versa.

OP: Aside from getting used to it, easiest solution is to get cruise control. There is a company in the states that makes a cruise system for pretty much any drive by wire car, including the Versa. I put one in mine. The install was so easy a monkey could have done it and it worked pretty well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.