Nissan Versa Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have no idea if that is considered a warranty item or not.
Where I live, we have to go for an emissions test/inspection every two years. I always purchase a new gas cap right before the test. They are around $5 on rockauto.com
For me... its not worth the hassle of failing the test, going to get a new cap and waiting in line for a re-test.
I know on my versa, you have to turn the cap until you hear one click. Other gas caps instruct you to turn it until you hear 3 clicks.
You may want to ask if you have an OE gas cap or an aftermarket gas cap??
My girlfriend didn't close her cap completely on her Dodge and it threw a P0457 code. I just closed it properly, cleared the code and ran a drive cycle.. all good. Now she insists on me filling her car with gas (when it needs it). I think she left it loose on purpose as she hates pumping gas.
Lol oh yea. They'll do that slick stuff too馃槃 wait so how do u clear the code? I couldn't find the reset button on mine. & actually a service tech called me this morning, said bring it2 the shop, they'll see if I need a cap or whatever & take care of it 4me, since I just got the car Sunday ya know? I think they said if anything goes wrong within 30 days ,they'll fix it. So I'm good anyway. He said dont worry. & my oil change/tranny change, all the specs were done at the same time (1,000miles ago) so everything seems official so far-

Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
...so how do u clear the code?
I have an inexpensive (Autel) scanner/code reader that clears the codes. If you are taking it to the shop, the mechanic will have a scanner that clears codes. Just remind him to do that for you.
For the record, that little (Autel) scanner has been instrumental in saving me hundreds of dollars in repairs on my vehicles and my girlfriend's old Dodge. Definitely worth the investment!!
I purchased it years ago and think it was around $40 +/-

Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
I think you need to keep track of your mileage between fill-ups and gallons used. I have a 2016 Manual Transmission Versa (the same as yours) and I'm getting on average 40-42 mpg (city/highway combined). Sometimes I get 37mpg if I get stuck in traffic or do a lot of short errands. Before you panic and think something is wrong, lets get some true data.
As far as gasoline, I've never been all that concerned about brand names, but Chevron is a "top tier" gasoline, so if you like Chevron -- keep using it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think you need to keep track of your mileage between fill-ups and gallons used. I have a 2016 Manual Transmission Versa (the same as yours) and I'm getting on average 40-42 mpg (city/highway combined). Sometimes I get 37mpg if I get stuck in traffic or do a lot of short errands. Before you panic and think something is wrong, lets get some true data.
As far as gasoline, I've never been all that concerned about brand names, but Chevron is a "top tier" gasoline, so if you like Chevron -- keep using it.
ohhhh well i do shoty errands aloy so.....lol. yea

21 - 25 of 25 Posts