Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the base model that is entirely barebones! But I wanted a cheap and reliable car.

What should I do to make it a little less bare? What do you reccomend?

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I purchased a complete set of weather tech floor liners, trunk liner, window vent visors, window tint kit, chrome trim rings to put in place of the hub caps, more powerful door speakers, cb radio, dash mat protector, dickie seat covers, kicker under seat sub woofer, curt rear hitch, rear ultra racing sway bar, Chinese fog light kit, new starter battery as mines started to act up a few months later.

I average 41 mpg and keep up with traffic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Yeah I bought it new and I told the dealer they had to tint it for me as an incentive for me to buy it. So that's taken care of.

I plan to buy some nice speakers for it

The fog lights! I have been looking into this, are the plugs in the car and just needs to be plugged up or do I need to run cables?

The car comes with carpet floor mats I think (I pick it up tomorrow they didn't have one on lot that I wanted, I was only willing to take a 5 speed) and splash guards.

I'll have to look into the other things you mentioned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you get an amp and the whole nine yards with the kicker subwoofers? You'd have to right? It seems to say they can work with a factory radio on Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Kicker speakers have a lower sensitivity setting which means they need more volume for same sound but also give more bass. I am still using the oem radio with no problem. The Kicker sub is powered from the accessory fuse.

THe fog lamp kit has the right lamps and plastic flaring, but its a generic wiring to the battery and switch. I need to wir emines so its legal. The real versa kit requires you to remove the steering wheel and replace the turn signal stalk as that is where the switch lives.

Brakes are rather sharp on this car, but Id get a windshield tint strip if it isnt already included.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more question for now, is there a dash kit that fits the base model? (Manual 5 speed, manual locks and windows) i don't want holes for buttons on the doors and such when I don't have buttons, lol all the ones I see the pictures show holes.

Are dash covers worth getting ? They look nice at the least but are they practical ?

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Weather tech floor liners cover edge to edge and are nice, real nice. I paid 300 bucks for my whole car. 100 for the front, rear and trunk liner.

I just came from a honda that took a crap at 104 thousand miles. This time Im going to try to keep my car new like and sell it at 100 thousand miles.

Dash kit? I was referring to a dash mat its like a carpet piece you put on top of your dash to protect it from the sun and heat of the sun and glare. Yes, I drive into the sun twice a day and it really helps to reduce if not remove glare from the dash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh another thing. How am I gonna fit skis in the car ? I have to buy a roof rack system don't I? The seats dont fold down.

I've heard weathertech is nice but I can't justify getting them since I already have mats.

Just ordered Dash Cover and Seat covers

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Skis? You got the wrong car homie. The higher trims have a folding rear seat, but you have to have either the cvt or 4 speed automatic.

Yeah, save your weather tech money for the roof rack. A good one of those is like 500 bucks. :surprise

If you are near me I might let my yamika one go for 250, but you still need the ski attachment unless you just tie them on the cross bars. I got the cross bars, towers, pads, front and rear wind deflectors and both keyed and unkeyed lock cores for each tower.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
YOUR SHITTING ME!!!!>:D I like that Hawaiian theme MCDonalds as you get off 64 to VA Beach Blvd near the mall.

So, you ski down Mt Trashmore? I took a roller racer down the paved side and soil my pants. I wouldnt do that again.

I guess you can jam them inside the car from passenger front to driver rear if its just you? Ive never installed the rack, but been gathering the parts as I use to have it on my scion xa from 06. I was going to see what mpg hit I take and may leave it on and add some off road lights. :angel

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I grew up in Portsmouth. Love listening to FM 99 WNOR and all the morning shows they had over the years. Jimmy and the Bull, Tommy and Rumble. They had an April fools joke where Mt Trashmore was going to blow up and were suspended for a few weeks.

Never been ski-ing, but love to try and snowmobiling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, small world, man.

So, I found a rack system with the ski attachment for 247 bucks new.

Made by sportrack (another Thule brand)

Also, think you could provide a link for the kicker under seat sub you have?

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's the base model that is entirely barebones! But I wanted a cheap and reliable car.

What should I do to make it a little less bare? What do you reccomend?
I have a Versa Note S Plus so it's almost as barebones as a S except that it included cruise control and the CVT. The only add-ons I've done are aftermarket power windows and door locks. Took ~2 months to install as I didn't know what I was doing; I used the how-to thread on this forum but also had to learn a lot on the fly.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
TKO, got to suck to live in LA and drive a shit box like a V. :surprise

Travis Bowling, ever figure out why soo many guys drive lifted trucks in VA Beach? I had a supercharged tacoma on 31s, but I hated getting 19 mpg.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
3 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing