Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

My brother found this discussion forum. And I'm glad to be here. I just found out tonight that I do not have a temperature gauge on my Versa. Is it a trim level thing ? I'd like to see if anyone has used a OBDII scan tool with a bluetooth app to the phone. Then it should show real time stats of the engine. etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 2016 S sedan with 5 speed manual. Just turned over 14,000 miles. The Scan Gauge is a great little device. I got mine from Amazon about 1 week after I bought the car. It doesn't have bluetooth though. Just a thumbs up for the Scan Gauge.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Torque Lite and Torque Pro is a bluetooth app(google play) that connects to Elm127? plug in scanners. It produces a fairly nice display on the phone but, on my 2014, it does not display a large number of readings. It does show alternator output, temperature, idle, and one or two others. A common complaint is if you leave the scanner plugged in all the time and don't drive the vehicle everyday, then it will slowly drain the battery. I don't know if this applies to your year and model but I am guessing, yes. I use it on long trips. The scanners are about$10-$20. Also, it scans for error codes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Torque Lite and Torque Pro is a bluetooth app(google play) that connects to Elm127? plug in scanners. It produces a fairly nice display on the phone but, on my 2014, it does not display a large number of readings. It does show alternator output, temperature, idle, and one or two others. A common complaint is if you leave the scanner plugged in all the time and don't drive the vehicle everyday, then it will slowly drain the battery. I don't know if this applies to your year and model but I am guessing, yes. I use it on long trips. The scanners are about$10-$20. Also, it scans for error codes.
I've been looking for the OBDII port. I know it should be below the steering wheel. Or somewhere around there. Anyone know where it is at? I've see OBDII scan tools from various manufacturers. With bluetooth app for my phone. Which would help me know what the engine temperature is on the base model S trim.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used a BlueDriver OBDII scanner with its app. And now I have a temperature gauge for my Versa :cool:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Nice!

I didn't realize the redesigned 2020 Versa still offered the "S" model with a 5spd manual. Does it have power windows and locks?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sounds like they're no longer super basic like the 2019 and earlier "S" models. My 2015 doesn't have power windows, locks or CC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I asked my dealer what it would cost to install a set of OEM lights with LED. The top trim 2020 Versa has those lights. The cost $4,200 AT LEAST.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts