Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello:

I already have a 2009 Versa S Hatchback with conventional 4-speed automatic transmission, bought it new in 2009 under the federal "Cash for Clunkers" program. Last week we went out & also bought a 2012 Versa SV sedan for the wife & she loves it. We got the Magnetic Grey exterior color with the Sandstone tan interior & it looks like a sharp car! The poor Versa is much maligned in compact car reviews but I like my 2 Versas, the back seat leg room alone sells the car & for the price there really is no comparable car out there. I wanted a Hyundai Accent for our second car but the Hyundai salesman was kind of a jerk & laughed at me when I told him what I wanted to pay & just said "No we can't put you in an Accent for that kind of money" so we left & made a deal on the 2012 SV sedan. I wanted to get an "S" which is about $14,000 with CVT transmission but the sales man made us a deal on the SV which came out to $14,600 & then we swung a trade on our old used 2001 car so got out the door for $13,000 for a loaded SV so I am pretty happy out the deal. If I could drive a stick I may have gone for a stick shift base "S" model but I do like all the goodies that come with the SV.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
welcome to the forums

·
Registered
321 Posts
Welcome! Yeah very nice offer !

·
Registered
440 Posts
Not a bad deal! I bought the S version in the same color for $13,900 with the CVT. Lifetime warranty on transmission and motor included. I bought it with 10 miles oct 6 and I have 1300 on it now due to a couple long trips. Love it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome. Good choice getting a Nissan. Any mods on the hatch?

No, no mods on the 2009 Versa Hatchback, I just keep it clean & vacuumed & it still looks nice. However, I am about to do a Mod by purchasing & installing an armrest from Ebay, they go for about $50 on ebay. The armrest is something I very much miss on long trips. The armrest just bolts to the forward of the two rear cupholder receptacles.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
No, no mods on the 2009 Versa Hatchback, I just keep it clean & vacuumed & it still looks nice. However, I am about to do a Mod by purchasing & installing an armrest from Ebay, they go for about $50 on ebay. The armrest is something I very much miss on long trips. The armrest just bolts to the forward of the two rear cupholder receptacles.
I bought mine before I even bought the car! Paid $38 shipped and it arrived the same day I got my car! I didnt even screw it in to the cupholder because the fit was so tight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of the reasons I chose the dealer that I did is that this particular dealer provides a 7-Year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty on all new Nissan sales. I do have one problem that I noticed that I may have to take the 2012 sedan in to fix is that the bottom portion of the right rear quarter panel is loose, not enough to fall off but loose enough that you can move the panel back & forth by pressing on it even lightly. Has anybody else has this problem?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
welcome to the forums!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.