Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2012 SE Hatch the other day, loving it so far. I have a couple of questions though:
1. Should the iPod connector cable have been included? The documentation doesn't have the "not included" or "customer supplied" annotation when talking about it.
2. It doesn't look like the audio system supports A2DP. I'm not too concerned about this, but if there is a way to coax it into working, any tips would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Welcome to the forums. My sedan didnt have a factory headunit when I got it(base model) so Im not sure about the audio system but Im sure someone will chime in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
My sedan came with the connector cable, but I think it was an added cost.
I have no idea what AD2P is.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
welcome to nvf!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
welcome to the forum enjoy it!! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome wagon :)

For those that haven't heard of it, A2DP is a bluetooth audio profile (stands for "Advanced Audio Distribution Profile"), and lets you play music through the head unit wirelessly via bluetooth, and gives you basic forward/back/volume up/down controls. My 2012 Honda Odyssey has it, and it's nice to not have a cable dangling down from the head unit. Like I said, it's just a minor thing, and if I have to use a 1/8" audio cable, I'm cool with it.

I'll have to check w/ Nissan re: the iPod cable. It doesn't appear to be a standard connector type in the dash box, so I'm guessing they just forgot to include it.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, it's gonna be stock (3 kids == not a lot of spending $$ :) )

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Welcome. As far as the bluetooth, the radio does not support bluetooth functions such as audio transfers. It only does phone calling bluetooth. As far as the ipod cable, did you get the SE with navigation? If so its just a simple USB connection, that they dont provide the cable for. If you got the SE without navigation, its the non USB ipod connection, im not sure. Our 2010 sentra has ipod connection, but its not USB, but it came with a cable. Its the same radio that your SE Versa came with. Id contact Nissan about that. I believe it should come with one. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Mine didn't come with the Ipod connector that was part of one of the packages, I think the convenience or tech ones.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info on the bluetooth audio, and on the iPod connector cable. I'd actually be more interested in having the USB port in place of the iPod connector port. Is that a swap that can be done (either by myself or Nissan, preferably myself)? Or, is anyone aware of an adapter that connects to the iPod port but terminates as USB? I'm not looking for audio transfer for this, but for charging purposes (I travel so much for work, my car chargers die all the time from constant insertion/removal into my phone).

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Well I dunno how easy or hard it will be. But I will say this. You could get the Navigation system radio or the one with just the screen(non navi) both made from nissan, and the USB cord to connect from the USB slot to the back of the radio, and replace your radio now, but by doing this, you will need the Navi antenna(if u get the navi radio, and want it), XM antenna(unless you dont want it), and the bluetooth harness connections are not the same. So you could do this, but you will lose your bluetooth, but your steering wheel controls should still work, for they are connected within the main harness. After all this, will be about $700. Id go after market headunit for that price. But either way you will lose bluetooth (unless the aftermartket headunit has it), unless you get the right plug harness, and do some wire cutting to make the bluetooth work, its not worth it. The reason I know all of this is because the sentra and Versa without navigation have the same connections, and the Versa and sentra that have Navi, have the same connections. Ive spent alot of time around audio with Versa and sentra, with and without navi. Everything would be compatible for the switch, except bluetooth. You cant just switch where the Iopd connects too, because they are 2 different wires/connections that go to the back of the radio. Hope this helps. :)

2010 cube SL
2011 Sentra SE

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
There you go, that works too. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To followup:
The dealer got me the iPod cable, so at least I have it if I want to tinker.
Plus, it looks like my bluetooth audio woes are (almost) solved: HTC Car StereoClip hands-on -- Engadget I'll pick one of these up along w/ some low-profile 1/8 inch jacks and hardwire this puppy to the head unit.

Time to pick up a few items from courtesyparts.com to round out the new hatchling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.