Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just had an F-18 crash into an apartment complex here in VA Beach if your near the tv turn to CNN. hope every one made it ok.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we live right next to the base the planes fly over all day every day we are like 10 mins from where it crashed.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
not yet all they have said is the pilots dumped fuel then ejected but they dont know why the jet went down yet. they cant go into the building yet till they get the fire and smoke under control. Im trying to get more pics up sorry about the quality I can only get them off the tv.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some more pics

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I heard about this in the news as well..crazy! Have they figured out what the cause of it was?
so far what I have heard is that the pilots reported seeing flames over one of the wings and it sounds like there are reports of a wing may have come off or become loose but nothing has been confermed yet and so far I have heard of 2 people in the hospitol one was a pilot and one was from the complex. there will be more at 3 about injuries

Heres whats left of the plane

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well so far only 6 people were injured so far 2 were the pilots and one was a police officer the other 3 were people from the apartments no major injures so far but they still havent been into the buildings yet they are conserned about the building colapsing there are 5 buildings that are very heavely damaged.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
hey I saw that on the news the other night, it was on ABC night line, they said the pilots were okay.

its a miracle nobody got hurt. they said they were flying with just one engine, the other engine was not working, then something went wrong and the plane went down and they tried to land at the safest place as possible but not much the pilots could do.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Figured I would update this and yes like bluv3r18 it's amazing no one was killed only like 7 people were hurt. Even the navy said that it's amazing no one was killed, they have started giving out checks to people that were living there as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts