Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so me and my wife were on our way to the movies tonight and she was driving and we had a deer jump out in front of us and hit it at about 35mph she drives a 97 breeze the deer hit the L/F corner hit the windshield went up on the roof back in front of us and she still couldnt stop and we ran it over. no one got hurt (cept the deer) only damage a softball size dent in the hood a few scratches in the paint and the L/F headlight pushed in a bit. so over all i would recommend this kind of car, it leaks oil but its tough, so far its hit two deer been rear ended hit at the bar but still running good and hasnt seen a body shop yet and dosent need to will have pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hit a deer, fixed it, and then hit 2 more a couple weeks later. Thankfully its been 2 years now and I still havent hit another one, but im still randomly fixing parts, so they are probably waiting until im done. lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
so me and my wife were on our way to the movies tonight and she was driving and we had a deer jump out in front of us and hit it at about 35mph she drives a 97 breeze the deer hit the L/F corner hit the windshield went up on the roof back in front of us and she still couldnt stop and we ran it over. no one got hurt (cept the deer) only damage a softball size dent in the hood a few scratches in the paint and the L/F headlight pushed in a bit. so over all i would recommend this kind of car, it leaks oil but its tough, so far its hit two deer been rear ended hit at the bar but still running good and hasnt seen a body shop yet and dosent need to will have pics tomorrow.
Poor dear, it probably had a family. Will never ever be able to see its own child to become president.

lol jk.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Hit one about 8 years ago, doing 125km/h.
Good thing i didn't swerve! i was ok
End of deer. Had one headlight left [was midnight] so scampered home before lost antifreeze...pic later

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pics of my wifes car
the hood and the light

the windshield

the roof

under the bumper

so not that bad overall could have been alot worse, I was in the right front passenger seat so I got a good show lol.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Glad everyone is ok. Yes it certainly could've been much worse!
Except for not sleeping for hours afterward, i was fine too.
Poor deer was killed instantly.
I think this was 2001 or 02, in my 93 Topaz. Also had 87 Tempo before. Both 2dr 4cyl 5sp.

At time of photo, car still running fine, but leaked coolant.
Ins co wrote it off, bought a 95 Neon. I thought i was getting an upgrade. It handled better, but the Topaz was definitely more reliable. Took Topaz to South Carolina that year too. Not exactly an engineering marvel [nearly unchanged since 1984] but my Tempo and Topaz took a crap-kickin better than all my other cars, no exceptions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts