Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought the Sentra in for its Recall and the tpms light comes on and off, and it pulls to the left. Its 3 months old. The told me that the tpms light comes on because its cold outside, and low tire pressure. I said well its at 30psi and that's what the temperature gauge is for. He said that's low. I said ok, well it was put on 35 last week and it still not did go away, he said we will look at it. I said ok, well ive owned 2 other Versa's, own an 09, a cube, and a Sentra and this is the only one that does it, So im sorry sir but it's not normal and it needs to be fixed. I said since its 3 months old I want the pulling to the left to be fixed ad not charged for it. He said ok.

I don't deal with crap, and if they haven't figured it out yet, I will turn around and come back the same day to get it fixed. I don't play games, and this is the first time ive been given excuses and not just yes, we will look at it. But apparently we are one of the dealerships VIP people cause we have boughten 5 cars from them in 2yrs, so treat me like it. I am not happy, if it all gets fixed when I leave I will be ok, and be happy again, I just hate playing games when I know im right, lol.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Even if you have only bought one car from them you still deserve respect. They need to treat all of us properly because if they want us as future customers they would do just that. I got the same excuse when my sunroof started leaking. My dad gave them shit until they fixed it under warranty. Keep sticking up for yourself. Don't let them get their way!!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You have the right away, just like when you pull in first to a 4 way stop but the car infront of you who stopped last car still wants to go first, then hits your car...

same case here, you bought the car new so the factory warranty over-rights whatever they say so that you shouuld not have to deal with anything.
they just need to fix it under the factory warranty contract,

Good Job!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Amen man. I paid my V cash. Once I drove off the lot it was fully paid off. And when I went back the next week cause the breaks were making noise only after a week and they tried to charge me and I said hell no. I paid this car cash and I have only had it a week and its making noise. Dealerships are sharks man inside a small tank. They attack everything they see. Now the sales men will be all nice and your friend just to make quota. I dont look at dealerships only if it is a last resort.

Sorry I just felt I should vent off also lol.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it all got fixed, runs as good as new again, and did not get charged one penny. I am happy, just don't wanna deal with him again. Everyone else is very nice, but he pushed my limits by telling me its normal, when its not. So the recall was fixed. They said it needed an alignment, so they did that. He said the tpms in the front drivers tire had gone bad, so they replaced that and its good. So the average person would have agreed and went with it, and the light would still be on. So all in all, they prolly just spent almost $200 in parts/fixing, and I didn't pay one penny. I feel good about it too. I stuck up for what was right. Im glad I took it in and not my mom, she would have agreed, lol.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Sentra is fixed, but my dad comes home today and says the cube's tpms light came on. I said great...... here we go again, lol. So we gonna go up there wed morning and have them look at it.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
really? It's a TPMS light, check the pressure, put it up to spec, then if the light comes on go up to the dealer. Unless you already did all that. My light in extreme temp changes will come on and sometimes it will flash. Nothing worth going to the dealer for. The sensor just temporarily lost communication with the car.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the sensor in my moms Sentra broke, and they told me it was the weather. The pressure in the cubes tires are 32psi and recommend at 33psi, and max at 40. I was told that 3-5psi below will turn the light on. But not one. It comes on at start up and never turns off, same with the Sentra untill it was fixed. We have had 3 Versa's, and they never came on in cold weather, or ever on at all. The 09 hatch came on once when psi went down to 25, I filled it and it went away. I had a flat starting in my 09 3wks ago, it got down to 12psi before I realized the tire was low. The light never came on. I don't understand these stupid things, they need to make them better.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
You have much more experience with them then I. My versa is the only car I have ever had with them and thus far it works perfectly. I guess they are hit or miss. In your case more miss. That sucks and hope they get it all fixed for you. I wish they weren't even on the cars. I sure as hell am not buying sensors for my extra set of rims so I will be staring at the light.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's got to be a way to disable them, without doing any harm. I wish there was a fuse for them, id pull it out, lol. They are annoying when they don't work when they are supposed too. Yeah im still debating on the rims, cause that light bothers me. I really dont wanna spend the money on new ones, but I want summer tires with the new rims, so I cant really just switch the sensors out, cause then ill need winter tires with sensors. But lemme ask you this, is there really a huge difference between summer tires and all season, even though its a Versa, and not like a sports car?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I only run all weathers but from the people who run summer tires in the summer they love them. Same goes for the people who run winter tires in the winter. They swear by them.

My Versa absolutely sucks in the snow. I want to get winter tires for the winter and run some touring all seasons rest of the year. I don't care about summer or dry performance.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
There is a HUGE difference between all seasons (which the majority of us use for summer tires) and winter tires. I guess we should be happy here that we do not have TPMS. Seems like a royal pain in the neck! If you buy winter tires you do not necessarily have to get the sensors installed. I think it would just mean your light stays on while you are using those tires.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just figured something out. When I start my car the tpms dose not illuminate. About a yr ago I had a new BCM put in my car, and I wounder if they never programmed the tpms to the new BCM. So honestly, I don't have it, unless I tell the dealer, and I don't think I will.... Yeah me!!! lol. That explains why my car never told me I was losing air in my rear tire. So I guess it's possible to disable the system.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you call replacing the BCM "disabling the system" then yes, it's possible. If you don't want the light on anymore, cut the wire from the BCM to the gauge display.

How much snow do you get in WS,NC? The Continentals I am running are sport tires but can handle the occasional ice. They are more oriented for heavy rain and summer sun. i don't get snow here.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
ohh 2 weeks ago my low tire pressure light came on, drove to work with the light on, but on my way back home I stopped at a gas station, checked and added air on all 4 tires, one tire was low I think, but not too low, I never turned the engine off because it was cold outside, when I went back inside my car the low tire pressure light was no longer on.
The owner's manual says you have to drive so many miles to make it go away,
but maybe my car said yeah yeah you added air, lets turn it off =)

maybe that's a "loop Hole", leave the engine running while adding air, and you won't have to drive your car in order to make the light go away unless you have a more serious leak

·
Registered
224 Posts
maybe that's a "loop Hole", leave the engine running while adding air, and you won't have to drive your car in order to make the light go away unless you have a more serious leak
That is exactly what most of the techs at the dealership do when a vehicle comes in with a tpms light on most of the time it is just simple loss of air in all 4 tires when one tire is noticeably low is when they look for FOD. (Foreign Object Debris/Damage)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you call replacing the BCM "disabling the system" then yes, it's possible. If you don't want the light on anymore, cut the wire from the BCM to the gauge display.

How much snow do you get in WS,NC? The Continentals I am running are sport tires but can handle the occasional ice. They are more oriented for heavy rain and summer sun. i don't get snow here.
Well the light doesn't even come on when I start the car. So it just doesn't work anyway after the BCM was replaced. So there really isn't any need to cut the wire, if it doesn't illuminate. Which is fine by me cause it's annoying. But figured id put that out there.

It wasn't much snow, it didnt even stick to the ground. We have another storm coming in tonight. Last year we had about 5" of snow, and they were great. Did not get stuck once, always in traction, and plowed right thru it like it was butter, lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
Versa S 2009
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing