Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i love because you dont need to make any under hood mods. anybody see any increase in hp or torque? i know some cars get small gains from them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you buy from summit racing now its $45 with 4 dollars toward your next purchase and free shipping. plus no sales tax even though i live in ca! cant beat it!

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
what size filter to we need? I'm thinking of getting a drop in filter as well..don't really like the look of aftermarket intakes on these engines lol.

·
Registered
238 Posts
if you buy from summit racing now its $45 with 4 dollars toward your next purchase and free shipping. plus no sales tax even though i live in ca! cant beat it!
Or get it from Amazon for $37 like I did :p

yea i love because you dont need to make any under hood mods. anybody see any increase in hp or torque? i know some cars get small gains from them.
Maybe you would get 1-2HP but you wouldn't be able to feel that. It is slightly louder at higher RPM's though.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
For it to make increase in performance, the stock filter would have to not let enough air through for the optimum performance from the engine. Obviously the manufacturer wouldn't design it that way, so you won't really see any gains performance wise from just a drop in filter. As for fuel economy, some say they do gain a few extra mpg's, but alot say no.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha yea I love summit though. Always fast shipping and very reliable. Always willing to pay a little extra to support a good parts store :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For it to make increase in performance, the stock filter would have to not let enough air through for the optimum performance from the engine. Obviously the manufacturer wouldn't design it that way, so you won't really see any gains performance wise from just a drop in filter. As for fuel economy, some say they do gain a few extra mpg's, but alot say no.
Either way I needed to put a new filter in seeing as my parents never changed it once in 70000 miles lol! Might as well get one I wont have to replace

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I run a kn&n in my dirt bike too haha. Way better improvements in a dirt bike than a car!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just bought an 01 ttr 250 from an original owner. when i bought it the bike had 60 original miles now its almost at 500 haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.