Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Versa Note
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my wife a used 2017 Note with 40K
Thought I'd come here to learn and ask... THANKS, looks like an active place so I'm sure I'll be active as well...
I'm pretty used to these Xenforo forums so getting around won't be my problem here...
THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
429 Posts
WELCOME!!

One thing I would highly recommend. Have ALL fluids, especially the CVT changed now.
This will then give you a maintainance baseline, especially if you don't have any service records with the car.

Reactions: JoelMic

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Versa Note
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brake too??? should I DIY? I'm supposed to be able to have the dealer "check" all fluids at my request since it's a "certified pre-owned" but I'll bet they wouldn't CHANGE fluids for free...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yes brake too. Brake fluid absorbs moisture over time. should be changed every 2-3 years.
If you are capable, then go with DIY, EXCEPT for the CVT. Have a Nissan dealer do it.

Reactions: JoelMic

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with having the CVT fluid done ASAP with the problems Nissan has had with the CVT in the past and even up to current models. I plan on changing mine ever 30K miles hoping to prevent problems in the future. In case you were unaware Nissan just recently settled a class action lawsuit on these transmissions extending the warranty from 5 yr./60K miles to 7 yr./84K miles. Still not a great warranty considering any major component (engine, transmission, etc.) in a car should last at the very minimum 100K miles and in my personal opinion should last 200K+ I've driven other makes with automatic transmissions well over 200K miles and the transmission was still fine when I got rid of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts