Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Versa SV with the 1.6L.
Has anyone tried a K&N air filter on the engine?
Any difference either way?
While it's still in warranty, I thought I would put the factory filter back in if it goes to the Nissan shop.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Versa S sedan
40 Posts
I have a 2020 Versa SV with the 1.6L.
Has anyone tried a K&N air filter on the engine?
Any difference either way?
While it's still in warranty, I thought I would put the factory filter back in if it goes to the Nissan shop.
I'm not aware of anyone who's done much of anything aftermarket to a new 2020 model yet, but if a K&N filter is listed as compatible for your car and resembles the OEM filter, it should drop right in.

Afaik there are no options like a CAI or SRAI yet for the 3rd gen sedans.

Changing the air filter in the existing filter breather box won't void your warranty, nor would a completely upgraded intake.

"In the United States, for the manufacturer of a warranted product (in this case, a vehicle) to void or deny warranty coverage of a repair due to the use of an aftermarket part (such as an upgraded intake), the manufacturer must provide proof (evidence) that the aftermarket part is the cause of the necessary repair. These rights are protected under the Consumer Products Warranty Act of 1975 (also referred to as the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act)."

Sent from my Samsung S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure didn't know that. In fact, I asked the srv mgr at the Nissan dealership about LED headlights to replace the ones from the factory. She warned me that anything I do aftermarket would void the warranty. She said that Nissan will do it's best to weasel out of a warranty repair if it can.
I'm glad I ran into you on this issue. You taught me some things and I sure appreciate it!

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Versa SR
3 Posts
I got a 2020 Versa SR and thinking about doing an air filter box, but thats intresting that Nissan will weasel out a warrenty obligations like that.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I got a 2020 Versa SR and thinking about doing an air filter box, but thats intresting that Nissan will weasel out a warrenty obligations like that.

As far as warranties go, most car companies have the same provisions and it makes sense. While your car is under warranty, I would not make any changes to the equipment that came with the vehicle. You may think that the car makers are trying to weasel out, but that may not be the case. If everybody who purchased a new car did whatever they like to it while under warranty, and then run into a problem and expect the car manufacturer to fix they would be out of business in short order.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stopped using K&N filters ages ago...marginal performance gain and high expense not worth the trouble of self-cleaning every few years. Now I just change out the air filter every year, no worries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts