Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Everything like this won't gaurentee noticable hp, but if you think about it, and do a couple things here, and a couple things there. Those +1hp's and so could really add up to maybe an extra 5hp.

They aren't made to make your car into a race car. :p
The K&N drop in filter is definitely on my list of things to get!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the kn inbox and i'm satisfied with it, i don't know how much extra power, but i know that the acceleration is better.

It's a cheap upgrade, i won't have to change the air filter anymore, just have to wash and spray the kn filter.

I wanted to install a CAI, but i was affraid to avoid the car warranty, so i decide to use the kn inbox and in case i have to take the car to the dealer i put the original air filter.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Watch some airflow tests on K&N filters. They increase airflow by a mammoth amount.

Like any combustion engine, more air helps for a better bang....which will in no doubt, increase horsepower, fuel economy and ease of picking up chicks (unless your car has a big K&N sticker on it, then you'll like;y attract the trolls :p)

·
Registered
354 Posts
yes they are worth it i noticed a big acceleration gain but no top end speed difference..
for about $40 cash its worth it it pays itself off..
no replacing air filters and more, increases acceleration, and also gas mileage..
before my k/n i got about hi 30's in gas mileage on a not driving crazy week and now on a not driving crazy week i get low 40's..
there a cheap fun upgrade well worth it

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've been looking online, including eBay, and I can't seem to find it close to $40, more closer to $50. Where are you guys looking?

Yeah, it's easy to accelerate in the Versa with the KN filter. I always pass by people in heavy traffic in the right lane. Now I wonder how much an improvement is with an AEM CAI.
I was wondering the same thing. Since I saw the k&n @ $50, I was thinking just waiting and getting the CAI.
Is AEM the better brand CAI?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.