Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been on this forum a bit for at least a couple years now and unfortunately didn't comment much in the past. I figured its time for me to finally formally introduce myself and my car.

My names John and I Live in Louisiana. I'm in my late 20's and am currently in school for marketing. I've been Autocrossing for three years now all if which has been in my Versa. I started doing track events this summer and have been to NOLA Motorsports Park twice now.

After my first year of autocross I became the membership and publicity officer for my region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). Last year I won the season for my class (Street Touring Compact). While being involved in the SCCA I actually started a podcast along with another long therm member. We mostly do local autocross coverage but we also cover track events.

I've been working on my Versa for over tow years now. When I got it it had around 70,000 miles on it. In that time I've installed several things: AEM Cold air intake, DC Sports exhaust manifold and catback, Racing Line lower engine mount, NRG upper torque mount, Racing Line short throw shifter, Red Line MTL gear oil, Megan Racing Lowering springs, Tokico Blue shocks, DC Sports strut bar, Tanabe lower brace, Polyurethane sway bar bushings, front camber bolts, rear alignment plates, 17x7.5 wheels with 38mm offset, Champiro UHP 225/45R17 tires for street use, 15x6.5 Motegi wheels with 42mm offset and Nitto NT-05 tires for track and street use, SL leather steering wheel, Versa Speed Stainless Steel brake lines, Duralast brake pads for street and autocross use and Hawk HP-Plus pads for track use, and a Racing line battery tie down.

The Versa is now at almost 180,000 miles and is still on the original engine, transmission, and clutch. Items that did wear out and had to be replaced were the lower control arms, front upper strut mounts, engine torque mount, and the shocks.

If I went back I'd probably do the wheels and tires first followed by springs and shocks, short throw shifter, and then the rest. I've been pretty happy with it so far and after running it on the track a couple times I feel like its still got a lot of potential.

Feel free to ask me about the mods I've done, my show, or about my autocross and track history!

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
welcome, finally lol. that's awesome that you take your versa out to the track. I always wanted to, but Im a bit worried I may wreck lol. Maybe one day, but not any time soon. Very glad to hear you also won some races!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes folks. The Versa is no power house but once you start working on the suspension you can get it to be pretty quick through the corners. Its able to outpace many cars you wouldn't expect.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
welcome, nice mods, car looks good! how well do the Tokico Blue shocks handle for autocross?
I'm pretty happy with them so far. They're a good mix for autox and street use. They paired well withe the Megan Racing springs.

There's better options if you want to make it a dedicated track or autox car but to be able to still run on the street these are pretty great.

They also have their red's but if you don't have lowering springs you might as well just order some coil overs due to cost.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a cool video my buddy did of the Versa for his YouTube Channel.

Reactions: JoshG

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! The only thing that was unexpected was the MR motors only come with a thrust bearing on the automatics and cvts. My car has a manual transmission and the motor I got came out of an automatic so we had to grind that thing out. It was time consuming to say the least. The other thing that's odd is the clutch bleeding process. It uses a slip valve that's a pain to bleed as you can't use a vacuum and its easy to loosen it too much and lose pressure.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's another video done on my car. This time its a road and track review!

Check it out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.