Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
can you at least get the car into programming mode?

1. Close all doors.
2. Lock doors with drivers side power door lock switch.
3. Insert and withdraw the key 6 times. Doors should UNLOCK.
4. Turn Key to accessory position.
5. Lock doors with driver’s side door lock switch.
6. Press button on remote control.
7. Remove Key.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Try what is mentioned above (a couple of times if it doesn't work the first time). If this doesn't fix the problem you were probably sent the wrong keys.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Try what is mentioned above (a couple of times if it doesn't work the first time). If this doesn't fix the problem you were probably sent the wrong keys.
and if it doesn't go into programming mode THEN the BCM needs to be enabled at the dealership (Keyless Entry set to WITH).

Alan, could you please take a look at my query in Interior Forum (add map lights thread). I'd like to have your opinion :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the car into programming mode but.... That's just it, I'm wondering if the key cannot be programmed to the car
can you at least get the car into programming mode?

1. Close all doors.
2. Lock doors with drivers side power door lock switch.
3. Insert and withdraw the key 6 times. Doors should UNLOCK.
4. Turn Key to accessory position.
5. Lock doors with driver’s side door lock switch.
6. Press button on remote control.
7. Remove Key.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm going to try this, but with the tiida the lights doesn't flash
On the Versa the key has to be inserted and removed something like 6-8 times within a time frame of a few seconds to get it go into the programming mode. I'm not sure but I'm thinking that the time limit is 10 seconds. If the hazard lights still don't flash I have no ideas. I do know that procedure worked to program two remote keys for my Versa.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of item you have, but I added a keyfob to my 2012 Versa (it didn't come with it, I had to enable the BCM at the dealership otherwise it wouldn't go into programming mode) and I didn't change the key, I just added the remote keyfob.

This is the one I bought and it worked.

If I were you I'd try this (search on ebay, they are not expensive)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I even went as far as using the Launch scan tool to access the BCM and ther isn't an option to add a key

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

This is my car (picture for reference) but a Japanese Tiida

These are the Keys

This is the key that came with the car

·
Registered
218 Posts
The top keys in your reference picture is exactly like the keys for my Versa. Wish I had another idea but I'm fresh out of ideas.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess the new keys aren't compatible and I can't find any like the last one in the photo
The top keys in your reference picture is exactly like the keys for my Versa. Wish I had another idea but I'm fresh out of ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a set of spare keys for my 2012 Tiida but they aren't programming to the car I am not sure if I might have bought the wrong ones.

Purchased these on ebay: 2 Replacement for 2012 2013 2014 2015 Nissan Versa Key Fob Remote for sale online | eBay

Can I have some help please?
Check the frequency of your current remote and the frequency of the new one it should be the same
For Tiida programming different as to Versa
1. Close all doors
2. Lock doors with driver side button
3. Insert and withdraw key 6 times. Doors should unlock.
4. Turn key to Acc
5. Lock doors with driver side button
6. Press unlock button on remote
7. Remove key

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Check the frequency of your current remote and the frequency of the new one it should be the same
For Tiida programming different as to Versa
1. Close all doors
2. Lock doors with driver side button
3. Insert and withdraw key 6 times. Doors should unlock.
4. Turn key to Acc
5. Lock doors with driver side button
6. Press unlock button on remote
7. Remove key
I'll try again, question though how do I check the frequency of the remote? Is it written somewhere on the circuit board?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Was it built in Japan, and sold in your country, or is this a JDM that someone imported into your country?
If it was built for your country, you will need a fob built for your country. If it was JDM, you will need to import a fob from Japan.
You will not be able to use a fob that has an FCC id on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was it built in Japan, and sold in your country, or is this a JDM that someone imported into your country?
If it was built for your country, you will need a fob built for your country. If it was JDM, you will need to import a fob from Japan.
You will not be able to use a fob that has an FCC id on it.
It was imported by a used car dealer from Japan doubt it was built for this country specifically

1 - 20 of 21 Posts