Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remote unlocks doors... Keys do not :(

Hello all... newbie here,

1st of all I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here but I did search the forums before writing this post. If something similar has already been posted, my apologies.

I have a 2011 and can easily use the remote to open and lock the doors. Issue is, if I use the key it doesn't work. Both my keys (main and spare) slide in the key slot with ease, I can turn in either direction, right or left, but the door will not open. I am stuck using the remote to open and lock the door from the outside. I'll be in a world of hurt if the battery died and couldn't use the remote.

I been looking for vids on YT with similar issues but there wasn't any. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Johnny

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe the versa has a cable operated lock. you may want to see if this has mechanism has deteriorated. the locking mechanism is fairly simple in our cars, so it shouldn't be too difficult to diagnose. I have aftermarket power locks installed and they cause too much slack to be placed on the cable. I suppose i'm a bit lucky because my keys will still unlock the car. I can see how you may have concerns. As stated, I would double check the cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts