Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2011 HB 1.8S and I was wondering if the keyless fob from the SL will work on my car and I can just buy it from the dealership. Or would it be cheaper to buy an aftermarket one from ebay or something?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I drive a 2011 HB 1.8S and I was wondering if the keyless fob from the SL will work on my car and I can just buy it from the dealership. Or would it be cheaper to buy an aftermarket one from ebay or something?
You mean the Intelligent Key? That might need a conversion to keyless start. I also have a 1.8s with "keyless entry", no keyless start.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah, just the keyless entry. Can I just program an intelligent key to my car?
You'd need to "convert" your car to use intelligent key. In my Rogue, you don't need to plug the key in to start, it's just a start switch. I don't know if Nissan can do the conversion, but you can ask. I don't know the cost either.....

It's not just swapping keyfobs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'd need to "convert" your car to use intelligent key. In my Rogue, you don't need to plug the key in to start, it's just a start switch. I don't know if Nissan can do the conversion, but you can ask. I don't know the cost either.....

It's not just swapping keyfobs.
My car doesn't even have a keyfob right now. All they gave me when I bought the car was the actual key. It's a pain to keep having to unlock doors from the doors and not through a button. I'll probably go to the dealership and ask about it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My car doesn't even have a keyfob right now. All they gave me when I bought the car was the actual key. It's a pain to keep having to unlock doors from the doors and not through a button. I'll probably go to the dealership and ask about it.
YOur 2011 1,8s didn't have Keyless entry? I thought that was standard? Yah, go to nissan and check it out.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Sometimes dealers hang onto the extra key or fob for a while...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Almost had a similar problem last Jan when I bought my 2011 used. Sales droid only gave my wife and I one key and one fob. I said negative. I know our keys have chips in them and no way was I going to leave w/o a 2nd key. I got the 2nd key but not the 2nd fob. No biggie. You can find them on ebay all day long for about $30. MUCH cheaper than buying one from the stealer.

The great thing about programming your own fob is that you can do it w/o owning any fobs. Here are the programming instructions.

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/how-tos/2621-remote-key-fob-programming-non-smart-key.html

On my 2008 Grand Caravan, you're SOL if you only have one fob and want to program a 2nd fob. Taking the vehicle to the dealer is the only way you can program in a 2nd fob. Not cheap. Now, if one already owns 2 fobs, only then can one program a 3rd or spare fob. Knowing this, I still only have 2 fobs.:bash:

We're lucky with our Versas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Almost had a similar problem last Jan when I bought my 2011 used. Sales droid only gave my wife and I one key and one fob. I said negative. I know our keys have chips in them and no way was I going to leave w/o a 2nd key. I got the 2nd key but not the 2nd fob. No biggie. You can find them on ebay all day long for about $30. MUCH cheaper than buying one from the stealer.

The great thing about programming your own fob is that you can do it w/o owning any fobs. Here are the programming instructions.

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/how-tos/2621-remote-key-fob-programming-non-smart-key.html

On my 2008 Grand Caravan, you're SOL if you only have one fob and want to program a 2nd fob. Taking the vehicle to the dealer is the only way you can program in a 2nd fob. Not cheap. Now, if one already owns 2 fobs, only then can one program a 3rd or spare fob. Knowing this, I still only have 2 fobs.:bash:

We're lucky with our Versas.
Do you have a 2011 Nissan Versa like I do? Should I try going back to the dealership and try asking for two? And would you mind sending me a link on a good aftermarket one? I kind of dont trust them and the only websites I've seen are scams.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have a 2011 Nissan Versa like I do? Should I try going back to the dealership and try asking for two? And would you mind sending me a link on a good aftermarket one? I kind of dont trust them and the only websites I've seen are scams.
Yes, I have a 2011 Versa HB. The keyless fob I bought is this one.

New Nissan Keyless Entry Remote Fob Transmitter FCC ID CWTWB1U733 CWTWB1U415 | eBay

Just checked my feedback and I did business with this seller. Even though the 2011 is not listed, this fob works. The seller just hasn't update their compatibility list yet. The programming is very simple.

As for going back and asking for 2 sets, you can always try. In my case the deal was not completely inked so I still had a little leverage. Had I actually bought a 2nd key and fob (including programming) from the dealer, I think I was looking at around $250. The key alone is expen$ive because of the chip in the key. If you buy a blank on ebay, good luck trying to find a locksmith willing to cut and program it for you. I think Sears was willing to do this for around $75. Imagine the price at the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need some advice…
I want to add remote key entry to my 2012 Versa w/ electric locks.
I did some searching around and found that my Versa has the receiver / controller module behind the glove box on the left hand side. The numbers are CWTWC1U241. This appears to be different from older models. “I can’t remember those numbers off hand”. Also, when looking for a key fob online everything seems to be for the older model FCC number thru 2011. I have tried to follow the directions to get into the program mode by inserting the key 6-7 times and my flashers never blink. (NOTE: I do not have a key fob to program yet, as I don’t want to buy the wrong one if I can’t program the thing).
Now for the questions…
1. Why can’t I get into keyless program mode? “get my flashers to blink”
2. Is the program some how locked out by the Manufacture / Dealer on the 2012 models?
3. Is there a different procedure to get into keyless program mode on the 2012 models?
4. Do I need to wait until someone comes out with a different remote to match the new number module?
Sorry for all of the questions but the more crap I read online the more confused I get…
Thanks,
Matt…

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know that some Hondas can equipped with keyless entry but did not come with the fobs. You could go to the Honda dealer and get a fob from parts and get it programmed and now you got keyless entry.

Best bet is to go to Nissan and run your vin to see if your car is equipped with keyless entry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NEED HELP. So I took out my glove compartment and I see the black box which is supposedly the BCM and it meant I was wired for keyless entry. I tried the whole method of putting in the keys 10-12 times in the ignition, but my blinkers didnt go off! I'm so confused.

·
Registered
7 Posts
NEED HELP. So I took out my glove compartment and I see the black box which is supposedly the BCM and it meant I was wired for keyless entry. I tried the whole method of putting in the keys 10-12 times in the ignition, but my blinkers didnt go off! I'm so confused.
Same here...
I am having the same problem, can't get the flashers to flash. :mad:
Could this be something Nissan started doing on the newer models? Maybe to make you take the car to them to get the computer flashed or something? Is this a possibility? The FCC id number on the receiver box behind the glove box is CWTWC1U241 if that helps. :thumb2:
Anyone???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Same here...
I am having the same problem, can't get the flashers to flash. :mad:
Could this be something Nissan started doing on the newer models? Maybe to make you take the car to them to get the computer flashed or something? Is this a possibility? The FCC id number on the receiver box behind the glove box is CWTWC1U241 if that helps. :thumb2:
Anyone???
I went to the dealership and they said I wasnt pre wired then. They told me if I wanted a Nissan key fob installation it would cost me 430 dollars. I'm basically paying for the dealership and the local shop that comes down. I'm getting a clifford alarm installed tomorrow for 150-200 cause I have a hookup. LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to the dealership and they said I wasnt pre wired then. They told me if I wanted a Nissan key fob installation it would cost me 430 dollars. I'm basically paying for the dealership and the local shop that comes down. I'm getting a clifford alarm installed tomorrow for 150-200 cause I have a hookup. LOL
:frown2: I guess I am going to call the stealership with my VIN number. I sooo wanted to avoid them if I could do it myself. I have talked with two different key fob companies and they both told me to call the stealer w/ the VIN and they would tell me what I need to know. I just don't trust dealing with the stealership. They may tell you "oh yeah your car is not wired" and then do something that takes 2 min, and charge you $430.00!!!
In my case I know I have the receiver and wiring installed. I have a picture of it on my phone.:) Something tells me that Nissan has made it impossible to do with out taking it back to them. :cussing

·
Registered
7 Posts
:frown2: I guess I am going to call the stealership with my VIN number. I sooo wanted to avoid them if I could do it myself. I have talked with two different key fob companies and they both told me to call the stealer w/ the VIN and they would tell me what I need to know. I just don't trust dealing with the stealership. They may tell you "oh yeah your car is not wired" and then do something that takes 2 min, and charge you $430.00!!!
In my case I know I have the receiver and wiring installed. I have a picture of it on my phone.:) Something tells me that Nissan has made it impossible to do with out taking it back to them. :cussing
The dealer told me about $500.00 through them or take it to Car Toys for about $200.00. Disapointed none the less... :nopity:

·
Registered
3 Posts
key fob

i have the key less entry you should have 2 modules on the left one to receive the signal and the other for unlock it connects to the bcm. reading other posts sorry the dealership has to program the bcm but you can check

1 - 20 of 22 Posts