Here's my issue. I'm getting tired of not having keyless entry on the car and want to install it. I've got a 2012 Versa S Hatchback that didn't come with it and want to know if there is something I'm doing wrong. I've followed these instructions here but can't get past step 2. The blinkers don't go off like it says and want to know if I'm missing something.
I've taken the glove compartment out and saw that it does indeed have the reciever, just the car won't go into "program mode". Am I doing something wrong or is it being blocked off so only CONSULT III can unlock it. anyone have this experience and perhaps a solution? Thanks.1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert the key into ignition and remove it all the way about 5-6 times within 10 seconds. The hazard lights will flash if you have performed this step correctly.
3. Insert key into the ignition and turn it to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, push any button on the key fob. The Hazard lights will flash.
5. If there are any other key fobs, including the old ones, unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push any button on the next remote. The Hazard lights will flash. Repeat this step for each key fob you wish to install.
6. When you are done with all key fobs, turn the key to the off position, remove the key from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.
7. Your done!!! It's that easy!! I tried it and it works.
Nissan 4 button rectangle remotes DO NOT work for our cars, I tried it, lol!!!