Nissan Versa Forums banner

LED Headlight bulbs Higher Wattage

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Cobb 
#1 ·
Hello Experts,

My question is about Replacing my Halogen Headlight bulbs with LED.

My Nissan TIIDA 2012 has halogen 60/55W bulbs, is that okay to replace that with Higher Wattage LED bulbs like 70W or 80W? & also advise me untill how many Wattage I can go...

Thank you in advance.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Why? What does your country require? Are you quoting the power used in wattages or the equivalent light output to wattage?

When it comes to light, color or temperature plays a big role in what you see. 4300 to 3000 kelvin is best for seeing stuff. Most people like the blue color so the closer you go to 8000 the bluer, but less usable light to see.

Of the several vehicles Ive own and driven, I have to say the 2016 has great lamps for both high and low. For previous vehicles I have used silver star bulbs and 35 watt 4300k hids.
First of all thank you for your reply,

Let me clarify my doubts;
My car's Headlight is Halogen H4 60/55W bulbs, I want replace with LED Headlight (6000K or 6500K). When I tried to buy via online most of the LED Bulbs are 70W & 72W That's why I posted this question here but later on I understood that 70W mean for a Pair, so 35W each Bulb. In this case I'm not going more than Factory fitted 55W huh?

I'm not sure about local Law, but it's ok not to worry about That :p

Meantime I still wanna know that, What if I install a 70W LED Each side so total it will be 140W together. Will it impact car's electrical system? Will it put a heavy load? Will it drain my battery fast?

Pls Advise.

Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.