Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my bulbs from JDMtoy on ebay.ca

First I took out both sides. It is a tight squeeze to remove. Probably would have been easier with the license plate off, but I couldn't be bothered.

After you simply turn the round part that is holding the light. I thought that the front clear piece had to come off and after trying for a while, I realized you just turn the light piece. You'll notice a small arrow on it, hence meaning you click it back to that same position. Then I removed the light and inserted the new bulb.

Right side with the new LED bulb in:

Completed look:
I'll try to take some night shots in the future. Just took a quick pic of what it looks like as of right now (in the garage).

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very nice! i probably would have left the license plate on too during installation... i can be stubborn and hard headed when i'm on a mission :)
Lol ... Especially since my dad just put the new frame on for me, and I never can find his tools (I call it organized chaos in our garage) ... haha! But I managed ... just had to take the screw covers off the plate and it squeezed out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
very nice! i probably would have left the license plate on too during installation... i can be stubborn and hard headed when i'm on a mission :)
I didn't remove my plate to install my Blue LED's but the set I have/carry are a much smaller unit and with out all the LED's so a little bit more room to work with. And no I haven't had a problem with cops...:lol:

·
Registered
354 Posts
This may sound like a dumb question, but I have always wondered if the Versa has stock license plate lights under the lip that covers the plate....does it have any or is it only an aftermarket option? :/.....again, I apologize for asking this ridiculous question but I am never behind my car, or any at night.

:shrug:

Btw, I think they look great, nice addition to the nighttime glow.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
This may sound like a dumb question, but I have always wondered if the Versa has stock license plate lights under the lip that covers the plate....does it have any or is it only an aftermarket option? :/.....again, I apologize for asking this ridiculous question but I am never behind my car, or any at night.

:shrug:

Btw, I think they look great, nice addition to the nighttime glow.
they have lights above the plates :)

i still can't believe you havn't gottn pulled over for those bob.... watch ill throw those on my car and get pulled over as soon as i leave ur driveway

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
localnemesis: Thanks! They do look nicer than the regular bulbs. When I give her another wash (hopefully in a couple weeks) I'll take some new night-time shots. It's been really cold this week, and Sunday it's supposed to hit +7 degrees, but they are calling for LOTS of rain :(

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
this would explain my outstanding amount of tickets im assuming haha

ill have to go buy a popo scanner and be 1 step ahead of u and the cops :p

·
Registered
613 Posts

mine are pretty bright too, i wish mine were blue. I've already been pulled over for having blue fog lights here in ontario so dont wanna go that route again lol

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
License plate
Awesome thanks!

mine are pretty bright too, i wish mine were blue. I've already been pulled over for having blue fog lights here in ontario so dont wanna go that route again lol
I got pulled for having yellow headlight bulbs with the civic, but I fought it and won. Ridiculous bored ass cop :8: You have HID fogs or just blue bulbs?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.