Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have quite a few Canadian members. I live in CT and my girlfriend and I are in desperate need of a one day getaway. We've never been to Canada and it's on my list of possibilities for this excursion.

Since I would be coming from Connecticut it seems Montreal is the closest city to me. Basically what I'm looking for is what is there to do up in that area? How are Hotel prices? We are both young and enjoy nice dinners, bars, clubs, but may want to keep this a relaxing trip. So even small bed and breakfast outside the city isn't out of the question.

So basically I'm looking for any info on that area or suggestions. We might head the other way and go south just to find something warm on a beach too. But right now just gathering info. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
A great sight for getting hotels at a cheap price is priceline.com My older brother uses it all the time for trips. Montreal has lots of museums to see. If you can, try to stop in Ottawa to visit our parliament and see what Canada is all about. Having a beaver tail from there is a must!!!!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
We are both young and enjoy nice dinners, bars, clubs, but may want to keep this a relaxing trip. So even small bed and breakfast outside the city isn't out of the question.
That right there pretty much describes what Montreal is all about. Awesome food, well known for clubs and such if you are into that, and there is also alot of history there. The old section of Montreal is absolutely beautiful. Lots of shopping and dining there.

If you decide to check out Ottawa like iluvmyversa08 suggested, definitely make sure to check out the Museum of Civilization. It is right across the river from the parliament buildings, and is actually located in Hull, Quebec. Hands down its my favourite museum.

Another thing... I have no idea the drive time from CT, but is Niagara Falls out of driving range for this excursion? There are lots of little bed and breakfasts near by, and lots to do/see or just relax as well.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I have a co-worker flying to Myrtle Beach saturday...my mind is there right now actually...:)
Ottawa has lots of touristy stuff for sure. Search Montreal and Quebec City too, very historic. But the beach is lookin really good...
Stayed in BnB in Ottawa last time. Hopefully there are more coffee shops there now:D

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I have a co-worker flying to Myrtle Beach saturday...my mind is there right now actually...:)
Ottawa has lots of touristy stuff for sure. Search Montreal and Quebec City too, very historic. But the beach is lookin really good...
Stayed in BnB in Ottawa last time. Hopefully there are more coffee shops there now:D
I'm hoping we drive down there this summer. I have 3 weeks off in August. I love MB. Definitely my favourite vacationing spot by far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts